• Chapter 36 • A Beautiful Day

Here's another update
___________________________________________

Anastasia's POV (Edited)

I snuggled close to the warmth that was enveloping me all around. I nuzzled my head in the woodsy smell and the warmth again grasp me into its hold. I fluttered my eyes open before blinking them few times to blink away the sleep.

My view was blocked by a hard chest. The same chest that was providing me with so much warmth. I looked up to see Aaron sleeping peacefully. His face was free of worries, frowns and scowls. His face was calm, smooth and peaceful. A smile immediately formed on my face just by seeing his face.

I thought, I would never experience this again. I always wanted to sleep and wake next to Aaron. After our downfall, I thought my wish will always be a wish. But it turned out to be a reality. I still can't believe Aaron and me are back to what we were.

I traced my hand over his jaw. His jaw was sharp. I traced with such light touch because I didn't want to disturb his sleep. So, I lightly traced his forehead. His eyebrows furrowed and I immediately stopped my actions. But again, his face went smooth and he slept again. I sighed before pulling my hand back and lay down quietly. I again snuggled close to his chest and tried to sleep once again.

And soon enough, I lost myself to slumber.

~~~

The next I woke up, I found the other side of the bed, empty. An unease settled deep into my chest. Was it a dream? Weird and cold thoughts started to circulate in my mind.

I took deep breaths and try to calm myself down. I stepped out of the bed and went to take a shower. Aaron must be downstairs. I scrubbed myself before wrapping the towel around myself. I applied moisturizer and lip balm onto my face and lip.

I changed into a comfortable pair of jeans and t-shirt as it was Sunday. I exited the room and descended downstairs. As I reached the dining area, I started to smell the delicious aroma of breakfast being made. I padded to the kitchen and my feet halted.

Aaron was standing towards the stove. He was making pancakes. His chest was bare while he held a spatula in his hand. He was yet to acknowledge my presence. So, I took my chance to admire him. He was always so conscious about his body. I faintly remembered that Aaron used to hit gym twice a week to maintain his health and body.

I was still into my wonderland when someone snapped his fingers at me. I blinked my eyes before colliding with Aaron's face. His lips supported a wide smirk. A deep hue crept onto my face. I tried to avert my eyes but Aaron's rough fingers grabbed my chin and lifted up my face.

"Don't ever hide your eyes from me."

"Why?"

I couldn't help but ask. He smiled and answered while kissing my nose

"Because in your eyes, I see my future with you."

Again, the stupid blush crept onto my face. Aaron laughed and again pecked my lips.

"C'mon, I'm making breakfast."

He grabbed my hand and dragged me into the kitchen. He lifted me and sat me down on the counter. I smiled before tracing my hand on his chest. Aaron sighed before speaking

"How do you want your pancakes?"

I made a thinking face before deciding to tease him a little bit

"Don't you remember my favorite toppings?"

This time, hr started to think. I waited for his response. Finally, he replied, his eyes glinting with mischief

"Umm, lemon cream with pistachio?"