• Chapter 23 • Team

Hey guys, here's new update
______________________________________

Anastasia's POV (Edited)

This can't be true. It can't be. My eyes were wide at the sudden declaration from Mr. Mitchell. He wants me and Aaron to work together as a team. It's next to impossible. We can never work together. It's not at all possible.

Aaron was mirroring my expressions. None of us said anything, too shocked to be running our lips. Mr. Mitchell waited silently giving us time to digest the news. I finally took control of my emotions and asked him totally not believing it

"Am I hearing right? You want us to work together?"

I gestured between me and Aaron. Mr. Mitchell chuckled before nodding his head.

"I don't think it's possible, sir."

Aaron spoke up. Why? Is he that persistent on not working with me? But i dared not pay attention to my thoughts and instead focused on Mr. Mitchell solely.

He nodded his head before elaborating

"It is possible in every way. You two had been the talk of the gossip since many days. It will be a great chance for you both to rekindle your lost reputation. I strongly believe that this is what you two must be wanting too. Am I right?"

I nodded my head. Because of the scandal that came out of us, things are rocky. I kept losing clients and shareholders are not making anything further easier for me too. Considering the offer, it might be beneficial for my company and me.

It's not that I want to work with Aaron.

Aaron kept looking back and forth between me and Mr. Mitchell. He wasn't saying anything and I really want him to consider this. It will be great for me. Kayden would be happy that I got to work with Mr. Mitchell. He will see me as a talented and appropriate candidate for my position. Shareholders will no longer think me off as an incompetent COO.

This is my golden chance and I won't let it past me.

So, I turned to Mr. Mitchell and announced my approval

"I'm happy to work with Aaron. I sincerely believed in keeping my rivalry aside for the sake of your project. It's the least I can do for you."

Mr. Mitchell instantly smiled and then his eyes set on Aaron. Aaron narrowed his eyes at me before he averted them and focused back on Mr. Mitchell.

"I wanted that deal with my heart and soul. I had put alot of hardwork in it and I won't let anyone take it away from me. So, I am also ready."

Mr. Mitchell lips turned up into a big blown smile.

"But I want to ask you two a favour."

We both nodded our head and he began

"I have put my faith in both of you and I completely believed that you two will not let me down. But I want you two to put aside your rivalry for the sake of my project. I have fought with the shareholders for this. They weren't ready to see two rivals fight on this project. It's a high end project and it shouldn't be involved in any type of scandal."

"Don't worry, Mr. Mitchell. We will try our best to keep our professionalism. We won't let you down."

He nodded his head before we all talked some business and soon after he left the cabin. Now its only me and Aaron. He was quiet. I also didn't say anything. We might have agreed to please Mr. Mitchell but deep down inside we both know it is not as easy as it is said.

Finally, Aaron looked up at me. I matched his eyes before he released a long breath.

"I know it might be difficult but it's a great opportunity and I don't want to waste it, Aaron."