• Chapter 39 • Back to Normal

Here's another update everybody..
___________________________________________

Anastasia's POV (Edited)

Soft music started to play. It's been almost half an hour since I arrived at the venue. Aaron followed after. We both haven't talk again after the introductory conversation. We don't want any unnecessary attention at us today.

It's an event we both worked so hard for. I don't want it to lose its shine just because media thinks there's something juicy happening between the infamous rivals. It's unsettling how much papparrazi are involved in our lives. They're always finding ways to decode something hidden between us.

We both have once pay the price for our carelessness and ego. I don't want it to repeat. We lost so much because of that airport incident. Both companies suffered great losses and no matter how much I know Aaron wants to claim me right there infront of them, he's holding himself in.

He's standing atleast three feet away from me. His hands stuffed in his crisp pressed pants pocket. He has a stoic face. Sometimes I wonder how he managed to maintain such an indifferent look. He acts like wall.

A freaking wall.

But still, there's a huge amount of respect in my heart for him. Not only, he agreed to my ridiculous demands of keeping our relationship hidden, he's even controlling himself not to ruin anything. He's such a gentleman that sometimes I wonder if I really ever deserved him. Maybe, when fate separated us, maybe it was for the best.

But then I imagined Aaron spending the rest of his life with another woman and suddenly, there's a huge amount of jealousy and uneasiness appeared in my chest constricting my heart and twisting it over and over again. So call me selfish or underserving, Aaron was always supposed to be mine and mine alone.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when his husky voice reached my ears

"I so dearly wants to dance with you."

I passed him a small apologizing smile. I felt regret and guilt for doing this to him. Why can't I be a little strong? I shouldn't fear Kayden's disapproval. For a fact, he was never ever fully satisfied with me. He always find ways to disregard my efforts. So, why am I so hell bent on him accepting my relationship with Aaron?

Because maybe, you care for him too much to hurt him like that?

My inner consciousness mocked me. True. Kayden is my only family and I really don't want to hurt him. I don't want him to feel same excruciating pain that I feel whenever Kayden do something that doesn't sit well with me.

"I'm sorry, Aaron."

But he only passed me a reassuring smile before turning his face back to the front. But the gwaning feeling in my heart didn't go. It stays there squeezing my heart over and over again.

~~~~

Aaron's POV

I'm barely controlling. All I want is to drag Ana to the stage and dance with her. I've got her after so long and it freaking hurts not to be open with her. But I understand her. She cared for that insolent excuse of a brother. She's too caring to hurt her precious older brother.

She's not the person who hurt her loved ones intentionally. She's too sweet and innocent like that. So, I stand there clenching my fists, quenching my inner desires.

I saw Mr. Mitchell approaching my way. Or more like our way. He was holding a ridiculously big smile on his face. He clapped his hand in excitement and I knew then and there that he's up to something. And that is not something great.