• Chapter 20 • Vulnerable

Surprise, surprise everyone. It's a dual POV today
______________________________________

Aaron's POV (Edited)

"How much longer are you going to do this?"

Christian's irritated voice was like a faint ringing in my ears as I threw punch over punch on the punching bag. I was trying to release my pent up emotions, anger, frustration, irritation and heck even my sense of feeling. I don't want to feel anything. I don't want to remember anything. I want to get lost. So lost that I can't even remember my own name.

The last couple of hours were like poison to me. They destroyed me from inside. The mask I had on me for years and years was broken today. I couldn't seem to take that picture out of my head. It's like imprinted on my mind. The way her eyes showed the hurt I caused. The way her eyes glistened but she was refused to drop a tear. The way she controlled herself.

My mind was playing the same damn moment over and over again. The moment where I lost control of myself yet again. I'm not a tempered person but few last days proved me just that.

"Do you think that bad of me?"

Anastasia's shaky voice erupted in my ears. I glanced at her before turning my face again to Shaun. He was close to getting a panic attack so I motioned the guards before ordering him

"Get him out of here. I'll deal with him later."

Once Shaun was out of the picture, I turned my attention to Ana. She was looking straight at me. Not an ounce of emotion was on her face. It was blank. I gripped her hand in mine before dragging her away from the airport. I need to talk without any interruption.

Surprisingly enough, she didn't protest and kept following me. When I was sure that no-one will disturb us, I stopped. She also halted in her steps behind me. I took deep breaths to calm myself down. When I was partially calmed down, I turned around to look at her.

She was again looking at me.

"Care to explain why you did that?"

All I greeted by was silence. She was tongue tied. She averted her eyes and I pinched my nose in utter irritation. I was already on high tide and I don't want to cause unnecessary drama.

"Answer me, dammit!"

My voice came out harsher than expected causing her to flinch. She finally looked up at me before answering

"I had to do it."

"Why?"

I couldn't help but ask. I need to know why she chose to be just like her family and brother. Backstabber.

She closed her eyes before opening them again. She opened and closed her mouth like she wanted to say something but couldn't. I took a step towards her before raising her chin causing her to look at me. She lifted her eyes and it was the most beautiful pair I ever saw.

Her eyes captivated me in million ways I couldn't describe. It's like I was drowning in them with no shore in sight. And the fact is that I don't mind drowning in them. I'm enjoying it. I'm relishing it.

"You won't understand."

Her cryptic response broke the atmosphere around me. I took a step back before lashing out

"What will I not understand? I think I understand perfectly. You did it because you want to beat me. Isn't that right, Ana?"

She gulped before speaking