• Chapter 21 • Responsibility

Here's the new update and I'll hope you all will comment too.
______________________________________

Anastasia's POV (Edited)

Three days have passed since my encounter with Aaron and with all the events that followed. I had confined myself to the setting of my room. I don't want to be the center of attention. I had already seen the violating, disgusting tabloids about me and Aaron.

Media had gone wild after it and since then we both have been the news of every channel. The papparrazi crowded my place for two whole days before I press charges against them for violating and trespassing my own accord.

I had been depressed since that night. The event of the night never left my mind. Aaron's distress face and unbelieving-ness in his eyes for me was like imprinted in my mind forever. I ignored my brother's calls and Sarah had to talk to him when I refused to pick up his call.

I don't know what Sarah told him but he hadn't call me since then. I didn't too. I wasn't ready to face his brutal and partrionizing words towards me. But this time, I can't even prove him wrong. I did wrong. He had every right to be angry at me. I can't say anything this time in my defence. I have failed him.

I failed myself too.

~~~

It was a new day and a new morning. I had woken up better than ever. I had decided not to let my past actions take the better of me. It's time I take responsibility of my own blunders and find a solution to them. I woke up with high spirits and with a positive mindset.

I took a long relaxing shower and chose my dress. I blow dried my hairs and tighten the knot on my robe. I made myself a plate of breakfast before grabbing my phone. My finger howered over Kayden's name before I took a deep breath and called him.

After fifth ring, his gruff voice greeted me

"So, you decided to call your brother. Isn't that a little late?"

His voice dripped with sarcasm. I rolled my eyes before speaking trying to keep my voice calm

"I'm sorry for downright ignoring you. It was childish off me."

His deep breath resonated in my ears

"You were always childish, Ana. Accept it."

I closed my eyes trying not to let his words get to my heart. I sighed before assuring him

"I'm assuring that I'll take full responsibility of my actions. I'll do my best to regain the lost reputation again."

Kayden didn't say anything for a few minutes. His voice then came back

"Anastasia, I'm thrilled to see you accepting your flaws. But that isn't it. We had lost so much and it affected our company greatly. How will you explain your actions to them? Is that how their COO will choose to work?"

His words were practical and he was speaking with a business mind. I knew I messed up but I'm not backing off. I will restore the company's faith in me again. So, I spoke

"I know but I'm willing to make them believe me again. I will fight and I promise that I won't give you another chance for disappointment."

"A sane man would not give you a chance after how much you messed up, but since it's your fault than you should be fixing them too."

I hummed before we talked some more and disconnected the call. I sighed before taking my coffee cup in my hand and went upstairs to get dressed.

I will put up a fight. I will show that I can be their COO.