• Chapter 13 • Spy

Hey guys, here's the new update. I was supposed to publish this yesterday but my net was having a problem.
______________________________________

Anastasia's POV (Edited)

It is seemingly a sunny day today. We're already in the 7th month of the year and so far the heat is bearable. Today, I woke up extra early. Maybe, I was very giddy because today is the first day of the execution of my plan.

I took a long relaxing shower since I woke up way too early. I chose my outfit and then took out all the necessary items. I came out of my closet and walked towards the dressing table. I opened the towel on my hairs and started blow drying them.

Once they were dry enough, I let them open and let the remaining water to evaporate naturally. I walked downstairs to my usual quiet mansion. The maids aren't here yet. They usually came around 8 and it's only 7:30 right now. I entered the kitchen.

I may not spend my most in kitchen but this is my favourite place in the whole mansion. The bright navy blue cabinets with contrasting white slabs made it look classy. The square slab located in the middle with some fruits basket on it and some cutlery.

I took the bread from the stand and cut it in slice. I made myself a classic breakfasts sandwich along with orange juice to drink. I usually use to drink coffee but today I chose to go on the healthy side. I sat on the stool itself and finished my breakfast in utter silence.

Sometimes I felt so lonely. Kayden and my relationship is not like a normal sibling one. He used to ignored me as much as he can and me as usual trying to get his attention. He wasn't like that before. Atleast, not before my parents death.

Their death had taken a toll on him, I guess. After their death, I started to notice his behavior. He kept his talks as minimal as possible with me. He used to end the conversation super fast and would leave the room once I entered. Since I was young, I didn't understand his behavior and kept doing my best to cheer him up.

But my tries were futile. At some point, he would gently asked me to leave him alone. But it all changed and he started to get angry and worse, he would yell at me if I tried to talk to him. So, since then I stopped trying to gain his attention.

But it still doesn't fill the empty hole in my chest. It doesn't put a stop to my unanswered questions. It only added more to my already confused self. I don't know what went wrong and why did he become like that? It's like one day he decided he couldn't bear me.

I wish I could know where I went wrong that he decided to shut me off of him.

The jangling to the door brought me out of my depressed thoughts. I pulled on a small smile because I don't want anyone to notice my state. The maid's head popped inside and it's safe to say, she was shocked to see me.

She asked totally bewildered

"Miss Richmond, you're up early."

I chuckled before nodding my head. Her eyes darted to my plate and immediately a look of guilt formed on her face. She looked down as she spoke

"I'm sorry I should have come sooner. You had to made breakfast."

I waved her off before assuring her

"It's no problem. I infact enjoyed making my own food. Don't worry."

She smiled and I stood up. I grabbed my orange juice in my hand and walked to the stairs. I need to get ready for office. I ascended the stairs and entered my room. I placed my phone on charging and put the glass on side table.