• Chapter 41 • Steal

New update
___________________________________________

Aaron's POV (Edited)

The last two months were complete bliss. I never thought I would get to call Ana mine once again. Although, things are still not smooth, but atleast we're trying our best.

And that's what matters the most.

There's no hurdle we both can't cross or solve if we're together. All we need is the support of each other to keep going. With that thought in my mind, I slept through the night assuring my mind that one day Ana and me will be able to claim each other infront of the whole world.

Although, today how much I wanted to drop Ana to her office but I can't. Just last night, Christian called me that he needs to discuss some thing important and he needs to meet urgently. Christian is not the one who calls on trivial matters. If there's something that I need to heard, it must be very important.

So after talking to Ana on the phone, she hang up as she needed to reach office. She was very anxious and I could feel it in her voice. She was trying her best not to show me but that's the thing.

She can't hide herself from me. I can read her insides just as easy as I can read her outside. She tried to hide her anxiouness and worriedness from me but it all end in vain.

Grabbing my jacket from the hanger, I left my penthouse. I was supposed to meet Christian at our usual coffee place as he needs to fly to Chicago to visit his father. I sat in my car before typing him a small message that I'm on my way.

~~~~

Upon reaching the usual meeting spot, I parked my car before stepping outside. The slight chill in the air announced the beginning of the winter. Entering through the gate, I spotted Christian sitting at the usual corner booth. This place is simple and not so confidential as one would think.

But it gave us the perfect opportunity to talk about secret matters. The papparrazi won't suspect anything as we met here almost every once in a month to trick them. As I slid into the booth, Christian discreetly placed his phone on the table before muttering a small

"Freaking finally"

Under his breath.

I decided to let it slide.

"I see you're back."

Christian mused. He was even smirking too. For everyone to know, Christian knew about my and Ana's rekindling. The cunning bloke knew the very moment I spoke to him for the first time after reuniting with her. He had a 'i-told-you-so tone in his voice throughout the whole call.

"Cut the crap, will you?"

I couldn't help but be annoyed at him. He clearly stated he needed to discuss something important. So, why not jump straight to the topic?

Christian pulled his hands in surrender

"No need to get cranky, I'm coming at the point."

I sighed. Christian leaned on the table coming close. That means something important and secret too.

"Since you were gone, I keep inspecting the company as per your request once a week."

He began.

"The first few days went smoothly and normally. James remained in his position and didn't try to overstep his boundaries. I also kept my eyes on him. He was acting normal or rather I'd say, careful. He was calculating his every step and even indulged in some pointless morning greetings with me too. But I wasn't the one to get trap in his charm."