• Chapter 42 • Concern

Here's the new update
___________________________________________

Anastasia's POV (Edited)

The moment I heard the icy voice of Kayden, I knew something was wrong. Terribly wrong. I just feel it in my bones that whatever going to happen in that cabin will not be anywhere near any good.

Drew visibly flinched at his voice before gulping afraidly. I nodded my head at him before Kayden once again disappeared into his cabin. I turned towards Drew and tried to know of the situation

"What happened, Drew?"

Drew looked here and there before speaking in a hushed voice

"I've heard that the Dream Project had been stolen."

Shock was written all over my face. It was one of the most expensive and the most big project Kayden ever decided to work on. It was supposed to be launch next week to the whole business world. Its a really big blow to our company.

Kayden would not lose millions worth of deal but it will also result in the loss of our reputation. No, this is not good. This is really bad. Kayden would practically destroy the person whoever tried to betray him.

I made my way to Kayden's cabin. I was trembling. I shouldn't be because there's no my fault in it. But still my insides were telling me that it all has something to do with me. Or I somehow will be connected to all this ruckus at the end of the day.

I stopped infront of his cabin door. I took a long breath trying to regulate my breathing. One of us need to control his emotions. And that would be me. Kayden and calmness never matched together ever.

I finally opened the cabin's door and entered inside. A sudden gasp left my lips at the sight infront of me. The once immaculate office was now destroyed to every corner. The table was upside down. The papers and files were flying in the air. The couch was messed up. Kayden was standing infront of the giant looking window. He had a cigar pitched between his lips too.

He rarely smoked. But on those days when he can't control his emotions, he would take the help of cigar to calm himself down. The second he heard my footsteps, he took the cigar out of his lips and crushed it beneath his feet.

He turned around. His face deadly calm giving an eerie vibe to the already horrible environment. I took my steps carefully before placing my purse on the sole chair that wasn't destroyed.

"I heard what happened."

I spoke trying my best not to trigger him.

"Oh yeah?"

He mused. His voice void of any humor. He looked ready to kill. I gulped trying to sweet talk him

"I know it's really bad but you can find a solution to it too. You always have a solution to every problem."

Kayden scoffed and I flinched. It wasn't a normal kind of scoff, it was a scoff that clearly stated that I should keep my nonsense to myself. Kayden sat down on the chair which he flip to it's right position. He leaned back on the chair before speaking, his voice if only more icer than before

"Do you know how much that project meant to me, Ana? It was worth billion of dollars. It wasn't supposed to be stolen!"

He voice rose at the end causing me to close my eyes. He's losing his calm. I walked close to him and try to calm him down

"Kayden, don't worry. We'll both find a solution to it. I will try my best to find whoever stole it."

Kayden's eyes snapped to me. But what I saw in those eyes feared me. He was looking at me with blank eyes but I could see the storm and rage brewing in them. Oh! That's not a good sign. I was ready to be screamed upon but nothing of like that happened.