• Chapter 34 • Us

Another update
______________________________________

Anastasia's POV (Edited)

I was tired.

All of it.

I can't bear it anymore.

It's too burdening.

I can't take it anymore.

Throughout the day, my mind was stuck on the scene I witnessed at the construction area. It was playing in my mind like a broken tape recorder. I couldn't function properly. My mind was glued on that particular scene making it useless for other purposes.

I couldn't think straight nor I could focus on anything. I didn't even feel at peace at work too. So many orders, so many hopes, so many expectations. It's getting too much. It's like in all this ruckus, I'm losing myself. I'm neglecting myself. I wasn't like this. I never ignored myself like I was doing now.

This needs to stop.

So, leaving my cabin, I left early from work. It's not like I was doing anything productive while sitting there. I was wasting my time onto something purely unmanagable. I am tired of fulfilling people's expectations. I know Kayden would be really unhappy and disappointed in me. But I can't.

I will face him one way or another. It's not like he would ever be truly happy with me. He would find ways to belittle me anyways. So, driving straight to home, I hurriedly climbed up the stairs. I need to leave as soon as possible. I can't face Aaron. Because if did, I won't be able to leave.

He had such control on me. He won't say anything but his stare would be enough for me to leave everything and focus just on him. And I can't afford that. I can't let him control me anymore. He's moving forward in his life and it's high time I should too. We both have so many differences between us.

Even if we decided to settle them down, it would only result in more heartbreak and more pain. It won't change the fact that my grandfather betrayed his grandpa in the quest for more. I also can't seem to live with him without feeling guilty that how his family suffered after the betrayal. There's too much pain and guilt, and it can't be erased not ever.

So, digging through my clothes, I threw them in the suitcase. But my gaze shifted to the brown rusted box sitting idly hidden within the clothes. My movements halts and my eyes fixated on the box. My hands itched and grabbed it. I took it out and opened it.

There were pictures. No. Not pictures. They were memories. The box was filled with my and Aaron's pictures. For a fact, I loved photography at that time. It was my hobby and I would always use Aaron as a model. He did groan and show me attitude in the first but deep down, he did it all to make me happy.

He knew photography relieved my stress and he would gladly became a statue for an hour just for me. For me. I took some pictures out and sat down on the bed. A smile formed on my lips when I saw the picture when we both visited the annual carnival. I still remember the smell of cotton candy and popcorns. The carnival was in full swing and we both enjoyed so much that day.

I decided to take a photo infront of the giant ferris wheel. I was climbing on Aaron's back and he was holding me through the thighs. We both looked so carefree, so light. I traced the picture as though to feel the day once again. There were too many more pictures. They were from a family picnic, candid shots and what not.

I placed them on the bed. I can't lost myself in it. For sure they would stay with me forever in my heart, but right now it's not important. I need to pack. So, I stood up and placed the box hastily on the bed. I was collecting my tolietrieis when I heard movements in my room. My muscles froze. I tip toed quietly and stay hidden behind the door.