CHAPTER 5: Roar of the Red Ranger

{Kanan Matthews}

All of us were outside in the forest. Tyler was showing us a map that he drew. "Is that supposed to be a map? It looks like a little kid drew it" Shelby said. Some of us laughed a little. "I was five, ok? And besides, it's waterproof. My dad used to say, it's great for the outdoors" Tyler said. "And to eat" Koda said. "No, Koda..." I started to say. "It's not for eating" Keigo said. 

"Let's see..." Tyler said. "I really don't trust that map" Shelby said. "Agreed" Hizashi said. Tyler is beginning to look at the map, while tilting it. We were tilting our heads a little to follow it. "Here it is!" Tyler said as he went up to a pile of rocks. "That thing?" me, Keigo and Hizashi stated. "Is it a pile of buried treasure?" Ivan asked. "Sort of" Tyler said as he was digging through it. "Guys, guys, here it is!" Tyler said as he took out the box.

"Me and my dad use to come camping here all the time. And each time we come, we would put something into this box. Letters and uh, photos and I continued the tradition ever since" Tyler said as he took out some items.

"Aw, no way...I caught this baseball when I was eight. I was really excited, dad told me he would be leaving on an expedition just before the day of my birthday party. He never made it to the party. I haven't seen him since" Tyler said.

"That's a sad tale indeed, my friend" Ivan said. "But hey, um...we know that you are going to find your dad" Chase said. "Yeah" I said. "Yeah man" Riley said. "This year's totem is my hat from the Dino Bite Café. It's not the hat that's important, it's all the friends that I made at the café" Tyler said.

Shelby went up to him. "Thanks for sharing this with us, Tyler. It's very special to you" Shelby said. The rest of us are walking away from the duo.

🐤SPINO RANGER II🐤

All of us were now in the base. Chase and Ivan were doing some training. Koda and Shelby were watching the two of them doing some training. Me, Keigo and Hizashi were doing some final stuff on the paperwork since we're planning to go back to Japan tomorrow. Riley and Kendall were working on something where the computer. "So, this Dino Charger will only respond to the Red Energy Signature?" Riley asked. "It can rely on the Tyrannosaurus Rex Energy. Only Tyler will be access T-Rex Super Charge Mode" Kendall said.

"Hey guys!" Tyler called out as he entered the base through the slide. "What happened to you, mate?" Chase asked. We were helping Tyler back up. "A monster attacked me in the woods and I didn't have my Energem. Out of nowhere, a Ranger saved me. I think it was the Aqua Ranger" Tyler said. Shelby just gasped.

"I hoped that this day would come, do you know his identity?" Keeper asked. "No, he was there and then he was gone. He didn't stick around and chat. I wonder..." Tyler said as he started to recall something. "Rusty, when I went to see Rusty in a cave, he asked me about my Energem, he seemed he seen an Energem before" Tyler said.

"Whoever it is, we must convince him to join us, the added strength could give us the edge that we need to destroy Heckyl" Keeper said. Suddenly, an alarm beeped and all of us went over to the computer. "Let's go test out your T-Rex Super Charge Mode" Kendall said as she handed Tyler the Dino Charger. "Aw, cool! A new mode!" Chase said. "Yeah!" Riley said. All of us left the base.

🐤SPINO RANGER II🐤

All of us were outside in an open field, Morphed. "Ok, moment of truth. Are you ready to go?" Kendall asked. "Yeah! I can't wait to see on what this thing can do" Tyler said. "You guys are going to love this" Kendall said.

"Stego Shield!" Koda said as he was preparing his shield.

"Dino Charger! Ready!" Tyler shouted as he pressed the button on the Dino Charger and placed it into his Morpher.