CHAPTER 6: Forged Under Fire

{Kanan Matthews}

All of us were at the base. Riley and Ivan were doing some training. "Speed isn't everything, Sir Riley" Ivan said. Tyler and James came back into the base through the slide. "Hey guys!" Tyler greeted. "Welcome back Tyler, Mr Navarro" Koda said.

"Come on, dad. Let me show you around the base" Tyler said. "Want see my cave painting?" Koda asked. Tyler and James went over to Koda to take a look at his cave painting. "Now that's really beautiful. It looks authentic, you must have studied at the university" James said. "At the uni-what?" Koda questioned, tilting his head a little.

"Dad, there is something that I need to tell you about Koda, he's actually a..." Tyler started to say. "Your sword, if I'm not mistaken its from Zandar" James said as he was inspecting Ivan's sword. "Yes, that's right" Ivan said. "It's a beautiful replica" James said. "Replica? King George himself gave me this sword" Ivan said.

"The King George gave it you? Yeah right, next you will be telling me that he is the Prince of Zandar and those three are Pro Heroes" James said. "Prince Phillip III, very pleased to meet you" Phillip said as the two of them shook hands. "It's true, he is a Prince" Shelby said. "It's true that these three are Pro Heroes" Riley said, pointing to the three of us. "Also, Kanan here is the first Rafkonian to be a Pro Hero too" Keigo said as I showed him the antennae on my head.

"And Koda is a caveman. He's discovered the Blue Energem, one hundred thousand years ago, oh...and Ivan was a Knight of Zandar, eight hundred years ago" Kendall said. "Oh yeah...Kanan was born on the planet Rafkon 65 million years ago" Hizashi said. "When they bonded to their Energems, they stopped aging. Just like you stopped aging ten years ago" Shelby said. James has taken out his Energem from his pocket.

"Honestly, you and Tyler look more like brothers than you do father and son" Chase said. "Really incredible" James said. "Come on, bro" Tyler said.

"What have you been working on, Miss Morgan?" Tyler asked. "Once I'm done with Tyler's T-Rex Super Charger, he should be able to access weapons from all of our Energems" Kendall said to us. "And we still have three left to transmute..." Shelby started to say. "The Graphite, Aqua and Talon Energems" Hizashi said.

"That Energem stole ten years of my life, then again it has saved my life. I know that it was a decade ago but it still seems like it was just yesterday. Me and Rusty were exploring a vast network of caves. When the place was starting to collapse, Rusty was in trouble so I went back to get him out. He managed to get out but I was trapped by falling rocks. After the dust cleared, I just realized that I could not move. That's when I saw something in a fossil, I really couldn't understand what was really happening but unfortunately, somebody else did. A creature that I've seen stalking us the day before. Days later, I've found my way out of the cave but Fury never stopped chasing me at all. He was really relentless, it's like he could smell my Energem. That's when I knew that I couldn't go home again and putting my family in danger" James said.

"Can you ever forgive me?" James asked. "Of course dad, you didn't have a choice. But you don't have to run anymore" Tyler said. Suddenly, the alarm beeped. "What's that?" James asked. "Alien Bio Signs" Kendall replied. "Let's go and check it out!" Tyler said.

"Mr Navarro, Prince Phillip, Kanan...I'm still transmuting your Energems. I can't interrupt the process, you three need to stay here" Kendall said. "I just think that I - I should go too" James said. "Dad, don't worry. We'll be fine" Tyler said. I went up to Keigo. "Stay safe, won't you" I said while I was hugging him. "Don't worry songbird, I'll be fine" Keigo said as he kissed my forehead as he hugged me and then he left with the others.

🐤SPINO RANGER II🐤

{Keigo Takami}

All of us arrived at the location, Morphed.