CHAPTER 19: Edge of Extinction

{Ellie Todoroki}

While Keigo and Kanan were in the base making sure that she is fully healed up, all of us were in the Dino Bite Café. Tyler and the others came into the kitchen. "Has Miss Morgan figured out what that eggy thing is?" Ivan asked. "She said that it's definitely alive. But it's not from Earth" Tyler said.

"Maybe that's why Heckyl told Kanan to get off the planet" Shelby said. "We've got to figure out what he meant" Riley said.

"Who? Heckyl? Well, why don't you ask him when you give him his sundae" I said. "What?!" the others said. My dad, Chase and Shelby saw Heckyl though the window.

All of us went over to him. "What are you doing here, Heckyl?" Tyler asked as he brought him his sundae.

"Thank you. I know that this isn't really good for me but...a man should be able to enjoy his last meal. Shouldn't he?" Heckyl said.

"What do you mean 'last meal'?" Riley asked. "It has something to do with the egg that we found, isn't it?" Shelby asked.

"If you must know...that egg you discovered, it will hatch into a Greenzilla monster. You know, big, green, giant tentacle" Heckyl said.

"Yes. We've fought one before and we were victorious" Ivan said. "But have you beaten seven of them before? Sledge has planted all of them around the Earth. Tokyo, New York, Hawai'i, China, England, New Zealand and Amber Beach" Heckyl said.

"He is going to crush the whole world" Heckyl said. "Then we need your help, to find and destroy them" Koda said. "My help? You must be kidding" Heckyl said.

"The Heckyl that tried so hard to save his own planet. That's the Heckyl that we need to help save the Earth" my dad said.

"And that Heckyl doesn't exist anymore. I touched the Dark Energem. There's no good left in me" Heckyl said as he stood up and was about to leave.

"Then why did you help the others against Badussa?" my dad asked when he stopped him in his tracks. Heckyl suddenly just remembered the time he helped Ellie, Kanan, Phillip and James.

"The Dark Energem had split into Snide and Heckyl" Chase said. "Snide is evil. But Heckyl isn't evil" Shelby said.

"They're right" Ivan said. "It's over, Rangers. Enjoy the last days of your lives" Heckyl said as he left.

🐤SPINO RANGER II🐤

{Kanan Matthews}

The others were back in the base. "Heckyl said that Sledge had planted six more, all over the planet" Shelby said. "They're about to hatch and destroy the Earth" Tyler said.

"Good heavens" Phillip said. "That's not good" I said. "Definitely" Keigo said.

The alarm beeped. "It started, one has already hatched in Tokyo. Another Greenzilla has just hatched in England" Kendall said.

"It seems like we're next" Ivan said as we were looking at the egg. "Stand back!" James said.

Tyler, Chase and Shelby fired at the egg as it exploded. Keigo covered me for some protection as Touya did the same thing for Ellie.

"That was really close" Shelby said. The alarm beeped again. All of us were looking at the screen.

"Oh no. China, New York, New Zealand and Hawai'i. Four more Greenzillas" Kendall said. "Just like Heckyl say" Koda said.

"Rangers, this will be your greatest battle that you have ever faced. No matter how hopeless, it may seem. You must not give up" Keeper said.

"Don't worry, Keeper. We didn't come this far to give up now" Tyler said. All of us nodded our heads in agreement.