CHAPTER 8: Riches and Rags

3rd PERSON

The Rangers were in the Dino Bite Café, working. Tyler and Chase suddenly left. Shelby walked outside of the café to see Ivan and Kendall. "Well, how did it go?" Shelby asked. "Don't ask" Kendall said. "Have any of you seen Tyler or Chase" Shelby questioned. "They must've left" Ivan said. "Good grief, I've got to figure out how to save the museum" Kendall said. Then Shelby went back to work.

🐤SPINO RANGER II🐤

{Tyler Navarro}

The others were in the base. "The Triceratops horn. Estimate at a value of three thousand dollars. I can't believe that the museum would sell all of these things" Shelby said. "We really haven't got a choice, we just have to keep counting. Six fossils" Kendall told Riley as he wrote it down.

Me and Chase entered the base through the door. "Hey guys"  Riley greeted. "You guys back" Koda said. "Where have you two been?" Shelby asked. "We...uh...ran into one of Heckyl's monsters. We chased him through the forest, bla, bla, bla, we lost him" I said.

"What's in your pockets?" Kendall asked when she took off her glasses. "Pockets? Oh uh, it's something that the monster dropped on the ground" Chase said. A gold coin just rolled between the two of them. The two of us are looking at each other.

"It's mine" I said.

"No, it's mine" Chase said.

"It's mine."

"It's mine."

The two of us were fighting as gold coins were falling out from their pockets. "What's going on?" Riley said. Me and Chase are beginning to get their coins back. "Why are you two acting really weird. Let me see one of those" Shelby said. "Wait. Don't touch those" Kendall said, stopping her.

Kendall grabbed a piece of coin with something. "A monster must've dropped these, huh? I'll bet they are a lot more than just gold" Kendall said.

🐤SPINO RANGER II🐤

"That's it. These coins are encoded. When you touch one, it activates a part of the brain that makes a person greedy" Kendall said. The others were looking at me and Chase, who were still have their gold coins with them. "Huh, it's a good thing that the gold coins didn't affect the two of us" I said. "Greedy, tch, that is so terrible" Chase said.

Ivan came into the base. "Alas, I wasn't able to secure the two million dollars. What are all of these about?" Ivan asked when he saw all the dinosaur fossils on the table. "These are all the pieces that the museum could spare so that we have to pay back Mr Smith" Shelby said.

"You can't sell them, these fossils are the heart and soul of the museum" Ivan said. "It doesn't matter, cause even after selling them, we're still short. I'm afraid that we are going have to face it, the museum is lost" Kendall said.

"I can't believe what I have done" Ivan said. "But what about gold coins?" Koda said. "Yeah, we have to stop the monster anyway" Shelby said. "Why not? At least the gold coins can go towards a good cost" Riley said. "It's worth a shot. Tyler, Chase, you need to lead these guys back to where the monster's treasure is" Kendall said.

Me and Chase were covering up our gold coins. "Don't worry, I won't let anyone touch your gold coins" Kendall said.

🐤SPINO RANGER II🐤

3rd PERSON

The Rangers were rushing towards the location. "Keep following the trail of coins!" Shelby said to the others. "Wait, the trail splits in two" Chase said. The Rangers saw the trail of coins that are split into two different directions. "Meaning there are two treasures!" Tyler said. "Or maybe they are two traps" Riley said.