The Deal

"They smell so nice
I'll cook them"

🫧🫧🫧

I groaned,having no choice but to turn back and find myself face to face with Jason.

"Amy..." He repeated, walking closer till he was around three steps away. "What happened? Why did you just break up like that?"

"I don't want to talk right now." He looked down at my shoes,the ones I was meant to give him. I saw a flash of hurt in his eyes as he looked back at me.

"But why?"

"I don't owe you an explanation. Is that all?"

Before he could say anything,I turned around and once again,resumed my walk to the cafe.

*
Coffee was all I needed to forget all about Jason. But then I began wondering why Xavier never approached or talked to me while I was dating Jason. If he is only interested in this 'deal'. Does he have an ex he wants to get rid of? Has he done this to many other girls? He did mention other girls being in my situation...

I pushed all those thoughts away -unsuccessfully- as I headed towards the park where we were supposed to meet.

He was seated on a bench,just admiring the natural scenery in front of him. He looked different. But still really hot.

If not more.

He didn't notice me till I sat beside him.

"Enjoying the view?"

"Very."

"You're acting like Star right now."

"Your best friend? She likes this?"

"A lot."

"Do you?"

"Hhmmm" I looked up at the beautifully irregular shaped clouds in the light blue sky. Though it was darker just a minute ago. "I guess." He hummed in response,and went ahead to continue looking at it. "I still want to know about that deal."

"Oh yeah. That." Once he smirked and got up,all the traces of a calm peaceful Xavier got thrown out the window,and then he put on a business tone. "Walk with me."

"Yes sir." I mumbled, getting up and trying to not giggle when he cleared his throat.

"Please keep in mind that you can decline at anytime, Ms. Amy."

"I will."

"Ok. Will you date me?" My eyes widened in shock even though I half expected this particular question.

"Huh?"

"Will you date me? Like, be my girlfriend." He said again,but this time not in a business-like tone.

"We literally just met."

"I mean a fake relationship."

A fake relationship. A fake relationship...it didn't sound too bad because I would get to know Xavier and become a real friend in the process,maybe. But then my thoughts from before came back.

"First I wanna know if you've done this with other girls."

"Why." He teased.

"Cause if we're doing this, we're going to have to kiss. And I don't want to indirectly be kissing multiple other girls." I said folding my arms against my chest.

"No." He chuckled. "I haven't done this with other girls."

"So why me?" He gave me a look. "I mean, why are you suddenly helping me? We weren't ever friends,did Jason do something to you?"