I Am Running Crazy

"How can a flower bloom
In a hurricane"

🫧🫧🫧

To say the least, I was nervous as Xavier parked in the driveway. My mind went into overdrive. I began overthinking everything and anything and my head was filled with meaningless thoughts.

Like Xavier sneaking into the guest room....

Or if his parents are actually at home and he doesn't know...

Or if Chris went out and it's just me and him at home...

Hand in hand, we walked into the house and straight into the kitchen. Yeah... food is the best choice at a time like this.

It's the best therapist!

Xavier handed a bowl of chips to me, with a grape soda.

"I love grape soda." I said, holding back a yawn. The hug was so comfortable I could sleep.

"I know."

"How-"

"I should go check on Chris."

"You-" I was interrupted when he quickly pecked my lips before sprinting upstairs. For a moment I was stunned, and when I gained back my senses I felt warm all over. Again.

Once I was half way done with the chips, Chris and Xavier emerged from the living room. Chris had his hands in his pockets as he gave me a lazy smile. His hair was a mess. And I mean, a mess. He almost looked like he was sleeping.

"What's up Butterfly-" Before he could complete his sentence, Xavier hit the back of his head. He only smirked in return. "What's up, Amy?"

I giggled. "What's up with your hair?"

"Bad hair day."

"It isn't bad. It's...cute." I said truthfully.

"You think my hair is cute?"

"Yeah sure."

"Thank you. Xavier called it stupid."

"I was being honest." Xavier mumbled.

"So I'm not." I said, ready to hit him.

"In my opinion I meant." He corrected.

"You don't look so good Amy." Chris said, suddenly he was sitting beside me.

"Oh um... Bad day." I pushed the bowl away from me as I got down from the chair. "I'm going to sleep now... goodnight!" I turned to start walking, but then I realized I didn't know where the guest room was. The brothers noticed it before me, because they were laughing immediately I started walking away.

I turned around to glare at them, to see them walking towards me. I and Chris made small talk while Xavier was oddly quiet as they led me to the guest room. Which was in between Chris and Lila's, and opposite Xavier's.

"There's this one, and one downstairs. But I'm pretty sure you'd take this one. Why wouldn't you want to be closer to moi?" Chris said with a grin as we got inside.

The room was mainly cream colored, and it had a cool mood to it.

"French isn't for you, Chris." I chuckled.

"Ok I'm tired. Like really tired. So I'll see you tomorrow morning."

"Yeah goodnight, Chris."  With that, he walked out and I watched as he went to his room. I turned to Xavier to question his silence, only to see him looking at me intently. I suddenly couldn't think of what I wanted to say when he took a step forward.