Cool Right?

"So this is love?
I know it is"

🦋🦋🦋

XAVIER

As I trudged back up to my room, only one word kept resonating in my head. Stupid. It was only now I fully realized how Amy effects me. It used to be so easy to tell a girl I like her, but I have no idea what happened today. I had two chances, two, but I didn't take advantage of any of them.

Thankfully, I didn't see mom and dad downstairs, which means no random questions or surveys I wasn't in the mood to answer. But then I saw Chris lounging on my bed. I glared at him until he finally noticed me standing at my door. He sat up, giving me a questioning look.

"It's all your freaking fault." I spat.

"What?"

"If you didn't barge in and instead, minded your own business, I would've said it."

"Said what? That you like her?"

I didn't respond, he already knew the answer anyway. I walked towards him, sitting beside him before burying my face in my hands. " Stupid, stupid, stupid." I mumbled into my palms instead.

"Me or you?"

"Me, you idiot." Seriously, isn't he meant to be helping me? "It shouldn't be so freaking hard."

"That's how you know you really like her." He said nonchalantly. I let my palms fall to my laps, before laying down, staring at the ceiling. 

"Chris, this is new. Which is funny because I've had, like, a million girlfriends before. But she's different. How she's different? I don't even know but at the same time I know exactly why. I like to think I'm someone who says what he has to say when he has to say it, but with B- I mean Amy, I feel so...so... stupid. I feel so nervous." I let out an exasperated sigh. "You'd think I'm an 'expert' considering how many girls I've dated."

"The amount of relationships doesn't make someone an expert. No one is really an 'expert' on those kind of things."

"I know that now." I sat up again. "I'm so annoyed and angry at myself right now. I feel like jumping out that window and running to her house with flowers and the chocolates she's obsessed with."

"How would you even run after jumping out a window?"

"I said I feel like." I rolled my eyes. "You know, I also feel like punching you."

"Hey! If I wasn't here, you would've jumped out that window."

"Is that really a bad thing though?" I mumbled. "Maybe it's a good thing I didn't tell her. Why would she even like me back? Jason took her on a freaking hot air balloon on their first date. All I did was take her to the beach, everyone takes their girlfriends to the beach." I sighed heavily.

"Wait a minute, is that doubt I'm hearing?" He asked. I turned to look at him, seeing the surprised look on his face.

"Try to keep up." I rolled my eyes. "I told you, with her it's different. With her I'm a stupid, nervous, doubting idiot." I stated. He chuckled, shaking his head at me.

"It doesn't matter where you took her. Jason and Amy aren't dating anymore right? All that matters is if you both enjoyed yourselves."

"How would she? All we did was have a little picnic, run around, we tried making sand castles, sat by the water, other stuff I won't mention...and yeah I took her to that part of the beach I used to sneak out to when mom and dad used to take us to the beach...and I played the guitar for her."