Distractions

"Can you even imagine
Falling like I did"

🦋🦋🦋

XAVIER'S POV

It's weirdly amazing how just one girl is enough to send my mind into overdrive, just one girl is enough to change me, just one girl is enough to fill every single part of my brain and body. But the thing is, she isn't just one girl.

In all I do, I think of her. When I sleep, when I eat, heck, even when I'm doing homework. I'm starting to wonder if this is even normal. How can someone have so much power over you and your thoughts without even knowing? This must be what Oliver was talking about the other day. 

To be honest, I've been interested in Amy ever since my last break up. Which is a long time ago. It was like three weeks before Amy and Jason broke up. So imagine my relief when I hear they -finally- actually ended things.

And when she accepted my offer, is when my mind just couldn't stay still when it came to her.

"Hey." Alex snapped his fingers in front of my face. He's my closest friend, after Andrew of course, and right now we're in the middle of a class. I just realized I have no idea what the teacher is going on and on about.

"Yeah?"

"I want to ask you something." He eyed me.

Considering our last conversations, I already knew where this was going.

"Ask." I eyed him back cautiously.

We began packing our stuff once the bell rang.

"How long are you actually going to date Amy? Do you really like her? Like you seriously want to be with her."

"First, you asked two questions. Second, how many times do I have to tell you? I am sure. You're actually acting like her right now."

"So you're telling me no more meaningless flings every two weeks?"

"I- why did you have to bring that up?!" I smacked him on his arm, but he just smirked at me. "No."

"Are you sure-"

"I'm. Sure."

"Ok." He shrugged. "I just think old habits die hard."

"Trust me, at this point they're already buried and everything."

We stood up, and once we walked out the door he hooked his arm around my neck.

"Amy actually seems interested in you, you know?"

"Everyone is." I brushed it off, trying to ignore the way my heart rate picked up suddenly. "But...uh, how so?"

He laughed, already catching on to me. "I'm not going to tell you, obviously."

"Whatever." I stepped away from him, his hands falling back to his side as we got to his classroom door. I walk him to his class since it's really close to Amy's locker, then after I meet her, we both walk to class together.

And if there are no...distractions, we make it early.

"Goodbye or whatever. Quit giving your teacher a headache." I smirked.

"And you, don't be late." He smirked back, but mine fell completely once those words left his mouth.

"I'm leaving you now." I scoffed, before turning and walking away as he just laughed at me.

I walked quickly towards Amy's locker, obviously really eager to see her. A small part of me -a really tiny part- scolded myself for acting like a puppy, but lately that part shrinks each time I see Amy's smile. Each time I hear her voice. Each time I see her blush.