Shall We?

"Faithful through generations
                    So why would He fail now?
                                  He won't!"

🫧🫧🫧

A pillow came flying at me seemingly from nowhere, hitting me straight in my face.

Xavier popped his head into my room from the hall, a cheeky grin on his face. I tried to hit him too the same way he did me -unsurprisingly accurate- but he dodged and it fell on the floor instead. I rolled my eyes, returning them back to my book.

But of course, Xavier just couldn't let me rest. He plopped down, right next to me, his gaze never leaving me for one second. I heaved a sigh, shutting the book loudly and turning to him with an eyebrow raised.

"Hi?"

His grin widened. "Hello."

I blinked at him.

He blinked at me.

"What do you want?"

"Quality time with my girlfriend." He answered, wrapping his arms around me and pulling me into him.

As much as I wanted to melt into him, he interrupted my quiet reading time. That is unacceptable.

Call me Lemongrab.

"I want quality time with my book." I waved said book right in his face.

"You can have both."

"Not really." I rolled my eyes.

"Fine." He sighed, his playful demeanor dissipating. "I also wanted to apologize. For today."

"No, I should be apologizing." I kept my book aside, resting my hands on his shoulders. "You're right, I always jump to conclusions. It's not fair to you, communication is key."

"But I didn't tell you I was coming."

"And I jumped to conclusions about your cousin."

He stared at me for a second, before a teasing expression took over his features. "What exactly did you think was going on?"

Heat shot up to my cheeks, my grip on his shoulder tightening as I glared at him. "Nothing important."

He laughed, though it sounded strained. Probably because of my tight grip on him and the look in my eyes.

"Definitely."

He leaned down, pressing his lips gently to my forehead. My eyes fluttered close on their own as I reveled in the feeling, and as I finally let myself melt into him, my grip loosened. They lingered there, before meeting mine for a short but sweet kiss.

"We can work on it." He whispered, planting another kiss on my nose.

"Work on what?" I whispered back. To be honest, everything was flying out of my head with him so close.

"Your tendency to run away."

"Yeah, we can." I smiled gratefully at him. "Thank you, Xavier."