Let's Gossip

"See things are changing
Changing fast"

🫧🫧🫧

"Let me cook for you."

"You're a horrible cook."

"Oh, haha that's funny, you were saying the opposite last night."

"Shut up. I am just speaking the truth."

"Sure you are." Xavier rolled his eyes at his brother, turning back to me. "Let's try this again." He cleared his throat. "Let me cook for you."

"Gladly." I giggled.

Xavier stood across from me, his face between his palms with his elbows propped up on the counter where I sat. He looked up at me with a twinkle in his eyes at my response.

"What do you want?"

"Anything." I slid off the counter, walking around it to get to him.

"Ok..." He drew out, his eye focused on me. "But you, you have to go to the living room." He said, placing his hands on my shoulders and leading me there.

"What? why?"

"Relax on the couch or gossip with Chris or whatever while I cook for you."

"Why can't I stay there?" I complained. "I can cook too, you know."

"Yeah I know." He laughed. "We can cook together another time."

"Why not now?"

"Let me be your butler, Butterfly. You can even take it as a thank you for putting up with me and actually liking me back." He grinned, his hands behind his back as he looked at me like a child on Christmas day.

I couldn't argue with him with the way he was looking at me.

"Fine."

He leaned down to peck my lips before walking back to the kitchen. A second later, Chris was seated beside me, a bowl of pop corn in his hands.

"Hey, girl." He spoke in a cheesy squeaky voice, already making me laugh.

"Hey, Chris."

"Let's gossip."

"Oh ok then." I giggled. "What do you want to know?"

He gave me a sneaky look, quickly glancing at my brother. "How many times have you guys skipped classes to make out?"

"Uh- none!" I felt the heat rise to my cheeks.

"Uh-huh." He narrowed his eyes at me. "What do you see in my brother? He's mean."

"To you." I nodded, taking a handful from his pop corn. "It's normal brother stuff."

"Do you have a brother?"

"I do. Older brother."

"But I and Xavier are twins! He can't treat me like this."

I paused. "You're twins?" I asked, the pop corn falling from my hand. "How come I'm only finding out now?!"

"Yeah I know, we don't look alike. But we were born on the same day." He shook his head, not noticing my expression.

"No- I mean, yeah but- I mean...how come Xavier hasn't told me?"

"I don't know." He shrugged. "He doesn't like telling people stuff like that."

"I'm not just anyone, right?"

"Girl, you are unique." He grinned, bringing the cheesy voice back. I shook my head, laughing with him. "Seriously, don't think much about it."

"I'll try."