Pretty Obvious

"We got our champagne dreams
In an endless drought"

🫧🫧🫧

I just made one little comment about being thirsty, and this guy takes me out instead of just handing me water from the fridge he was literally standing at. We were in his house just chilling with his brother one second ago, but here we are now. He took me away to a cafe nearby instead, but he was lucky that there were available seats outside, because that took my mind off everything.

I love eating outside.

I took a moment to look around at the beautiful scene in front of me, as I let the refreshing taste quench my thirst. The sky was a beautiful shade of blue that reminded me of Xavier's eyes, the clouds were forming their usual weird but beautiful forms, and I could feel the gentle breeze that always soothed me.

I enjoyed the silence, the only sound being the bustle of people going about their business, and the trees as they swayed against each other. That was, before Xavier spoke up.

"How was your gift shopping with Vanessa?" He asked, my gaze shifting to his beautiful face.

"Fun. Well, minus the part she basically forgot about us." I replied with a smile on my lips.

"How about Jason?"

"Well...we hung out after." I put it simply, biting back a grin. But his grin faltered as his gaze fell from mine to the table, taking a sip from his drink.

"Cool." He mumbled, his lips still on his straw. His simple response caused me to roll my eyes.

"This is why I don't like telling you about Jason." I huffed. "If I do, there's a problem. If I don't, there's still a problem."

"I'm sorry, I don't want you to feel like you can't talk to me but it's just...I don't know, I don't trust him yet." He looked at me apologetically.

"But I'm starting to." I admitted in an instant. "He even said he wouldn't bring up our relationship like that anymore, he's acting civil and he's moving on."

He just nodded, only staring back at me. I noticed his eyes narrowing in the slightest as his lips rolled into his mouth. Apparently, he was still unconvinced. Finally, he shrugged.

"How about we all hangout?" He asked, a tiny smile pulling on his lips.

"You, me, and Jason?" I giggled. "Not anytime soon."

"Yeah yeah, whatever." He chuckled.

Then from nowhere, he stretched out his hand to the middle of the table with his palm facing up, and I grinned before I placed my hand in his. I watched as he gave it a gentle squeeze, before lacing our fingers together.

"Are you done with your drink?" My gaze snapped from our hands to him.

"Huh?" He smirked at my response.

"Are you done with your drink?" He repeated, much more slowly this time. I just rolled my eyes.

"Uh.." I looked down at my cup. I didn't even notice when I finished it. "Yeah."

"I'll just drop you at home, ok?" He said as he used our interlocked hands to help me up. I nodded in response, before we walked to his car, throwing our cups in the trash as we did so.

And the closer we got to my home, the more tired I got.

***
A knock on the door, for some reason, had me on the floor. I didn't even bother opening my eyes, cause I was still wide asleep. And yes, I know being wide asleep isn't a thing, but you get the point. Also, when the door opened and closed, I already knew who it was. Only one person would render knocking completely useless. There's only one person who would knock 'just because'.