Mr. Random

"Cause when you're a boss
You can do what you want"

🫧🫧🫧

"Are you sure about this?"

"I've never been more sure of anything in my life."

"I'm not sure..."

"You don't need to be."

I eyed the huge house in front of me, but not because of how it looked or how big and almost intimidating it was, but because of what was inside.

"Are you sure we should be going in here? Us? Two defenseless young females without any strong male to guide us?"

"Stop being so overdramatic." Nessa scoffed, walking faster. "We don't need any male to 'guide' us."

"But there could be monsters in there! Intoxicated humans who have no idea what they're doing!"

"Oh come on, Amy, don't you want a girls night out?"

"What kind of girls night out is in a party? Whatever happened to shopping? Spa days? The beach? Why a freaking party?! Who even invited you to this party?!"

"Why are you so scared? Besides, if you really are defenseless, Elijah is here too."

"Oh? Why didn't you say anything sooner?"

I haven't seen him in so long, and we've both been too busy to talk online. I was suddenly pretty excited seeing him again.

"Seriously?" She laughed at me, quickly greeting the host that was standing at the front door.

"Who will protect you though?"

"Myself." She shrugged.

Loud music filled my ears the moment we stepped in. The dance floor was already crowded with people dancing and seemingly having the best night of their lives. The place was dark, LED lights and other fancy lights were the only things lighting up the place. I briefly searched the place for a bar, but when I turned around, Nessa was nowhere to be seen.

Seriously? So much for that 'girls night out'. I should've known she came here for different reasons.

Alone, I marched towards the bar, trying to avoid eye contact with random strangers. To be honest, I was a bit anxious. I never liked being in parties like these alone, -and by parties like these I mean the ones where everyone's drunk and... unpredictable- but here I am. I kept nervously glancing behind me, just to make sure an intoxicated human wasn't approaching and that I was safe.

Once I got to the bar, I sat on the stool, releasing a breath I didn't know I was holding. I ordered a drink, not too strong, waiting patiently for the bartender while looking around for any familiar face I could stay with.

I wouldn't be surprised if Eli wasn't actually here.

Remind me to never join Vanessa untill I'm a 100 percent sure where we're going.

"Your drink m'am."

I whipped my head around to face him so fast that my neck hurt for a few seconds. But it was worth it. I grinned once our eyes met. Did I summon him?

"Eli."

"Hi." He chuckled, his head tilting to the side. "It's been a while, hasn't it?"

"Definitely." I nodded, but I guess it was too much because my head began to hurt. "Are you playing bartender today?" I said, raising my hand to my forehead.

"No. I saw you making the order and I offered to do it instead." He explained as he walked over to me, my drink in his hand.

"And he let you?!"