No Questions

"The black night is gone
It's a new dawn"

🫧🫧🫧

I stared down at the numbers on Xavier's screen.

7001768

I never knew it was possible to score that much in Subway Surf.

Yes. We just played Subway Surf in the Janitor's closet and are five minutes late to class. It was kind of a competition to see who'll get the most points, and clearly he did. Me coming in at second aka LAST place with 5138550.

I really wish I didn't have to read those numbers.

"Butterfly, you're already five minutes late." He said, chuckling as I glared at his phone. Then I glared at him.

"Yeah I know that."

"What's wrong? I told you I was a pro. And this isn't even my high score."

"Yeah. I know that." I crossed my arms against my chest and turned away from him while pouting, which he laughed at in reply.

"You need to get to class."

"You too."

"I have free period."

"What are you going to spend it doing? Without me."

"I'll just wait at the bleachers for you." He shrugged. "Maybe I'll also get us coffee and a slice of cake."

"Aww! So thoughtful." He smiled down at me, and for just a second, I thought of actually doing what everyone else thinks we're doing. Instead, I took a step back, stretching my hand out to open the door. But before my hand could reach the handle, Xavier held my hand and pulled me to him, pressing his lips to mine.

No questions.

Don't you dare ask questions.

All thoughts flew out as I got lost in the kiss. The only stubborn one was the fact I had the next class with Star. Despite the fact she's been avoiding me for a week now, I still didn't feel right standing her up. In other words, making her wait too long in a class where we are partners. Maybe she would to explain this time, or apologize.

Reluctantly, I pulled away, giving Xavier a silly grin.

"I have to go to class."

He groaned.

"No."

"Hey, you're words, not mine." I smirked as I pushed him away and cautiously opened the door. The hallway was empty, obviously because almost everyone was in class while everyone else spends their time outside. I gave him one last look once we stepped out. "I'll see you after this torture. Ok?"

He nodded. "Yes babe, at the bleachers."

I blushed as he smirked, smothering me with his gaze before he turned and walked away.

That was new.

I hesitantly forced one foot Infront of the other, making my way to class. I took in a deep breath, before opening the class door and making a beeline for my seat. Next to Star. Arkwardly.

The teacher -i don't really bother to remember their names unless I have to- gave me a look before returning to her lesson. That's one thing I like about her. She doesn't have time to waste talking to kids who'll still come late in the next class.

And we all know deep down, that she doesn't give a damn about whether we come late to class.

From the corner of my eyes, I could see Star using her hair to cover her face as she looked straight at the teacher. But that'll only work until we actually have to do some work. Together. I wait in dread as she went on and on, until she gave us instructions. I turned to Star with a sigh, to see her already turned to me.