Oh I'm Such a Good Friend.

"All I need is love
All I need is a word
All I need is us"

🫧🫧🫧

"So are you guys like, reunited now?"

Vanessa galnced up at me for a quick second before staring back at my nails with which she was working her art on. She's an amazing nail artist, and apparently I am a proud test monkey. A few minutes ago she called me, saying she wanted to try something new, and I came without any form of hesitance.

When she becomes a professional nail artist one day, I'd know I played a small part in it. By being her test monkey.

Oh I'm such a good friend.

But I digress! .... I've always wanted to say that.

"I don't know! And she then started crying and I had to comfort her so-"

"Huh? There's nothing wrong with comforting her."

"What do you think?"

"Hm?"

"Should I forgive her? She seemed sincere and...and she was crying. She also looked really regretful."

"Child, if you want to forgive her it's up to you." She spoke 'wisely'.

"Yeah... But what if I want it to be up to you now." She gave me a look. "fine fine!"

***
I let myself fall to the bed. I was utterly exhausted, all I could think to do was sleep for...24 hours or more.

I tucked myself in, feeling very cozy from the AC and the right amount of sunshine streaming down from my window to the bed. And I was this close to sleeping...I could feel the dream already coming in until...

MY FREAKING PHONE RANG.

I groaned. I kicked. I threw the duvet covers off me and sluggishly walked over to my desk where it was discarded.

"Hey." I heard the surprise in his tone.

I didn't check the caller ID, did I?

"Hello Jason." I grumbled.

"So... Star finally talked to you?"

"Yeah?..."

"....Uh it's a good thing you guys finally sort it out on the field yesterday."

"...how did you know?"

"I saw you guys. Hugging."

For some stupid reason, my cheeks turned a bit red. "I don't know what we are ok?."

"Funny. That's exactly how you feel about us."

"Why did you call?" I was getting annoyed.

"I didn't mean to sound mean. Sorry."

"Why did you call?"

"You know why I called." I didn't reply. "Amy please. I wasn't lieing when I said what I said at the cafe, but I'm sorry for not being truthful from the start ok? I'm trying, I really am, doesn't that show I still care about you? If you took a second to look at me you'd see how tired I am. I was scared. It's stupid I know, and no I'm not blaming it on my stupidity, and yes I admit that I am stupid-"

"Jason." I bit back a smile. "I don't hate you anymore." Just yesterday I 'made up' with Star, now I'm talking to Jason and actually stopping myself from smiling. I'm on a roll.

"Really?" He finally said after a while of silence. "S-sorry, I suddenly have to hang up. B-bye."

"Bye."