The Date

"I can't hold back my feelings
So I dream of a date"

🫧🫧🫧

Nerves settled in the pit of my stomach once Xavier stopped the car. I looked out the window, trying to hide it as I watched other people playing in the sand down at the beach. I was interrupted though, when he placed his hand a little over my knee.

"Hey." He said, a concerned look on his face. "You look like you're regretting this."

"No I'm not...I'm nervous." I admitted, surprising myself with how I held his gaze while saying that. Maybe I wanted to find some sort of assurance there to calm myself. And I did.

"If it helps, I'm nervous too. When I asked I actually thought you'd say no." He said, offering me a smile as he took my hand.

"You are nervous." I said incredulously. "And you thought I'd say no?"

"Yeah. So you're not alone in this. Ok?"

With the way he smiled at me, it was hard not to smile back. It erased all the nerves immediately.

"Ok. Let's do this." I replied.

He didn't let my hand go as we walked down to the beach, the path getting sandier as we moved on. Gentle breeze swirled around us, making some of my hair attack my face. It was annoying, but a bit funny.

Suddenly, he stepped in front of me, then brushed them behind my ear.  His hand lingered there, his thumb sliding on my cheek. I couldn't help but notice how his hair looked golden thanks to the sun, his eyes just a bit darker than the waters behind us.

"You are really beautiful, Butterfly." He said quietly.

"Wish I could say the same about you." He chuckled.

"Your eyes said otherwise."

"My eyes can be decieving."

"Oh I know."

A silly grin made its way to my face as I pushed him away, laughing. Making him laugh too.

The next hours we spent there were probably one of the best hours of my life. No exaggeration there.

I felt like a kid again. I felt free. Just me and Xavier.

We spent the time discovering seashells, eating, taking pictures, running around in the sand, and finally, sitting on the sand and just talking as we admired the scenery in front of us.

"I wish I brought my sketchbook. How could I have forgot it."

"Maybe because you were busy thinking about me?"

"Not a chance."

"Don't lie to me."

"I couldn't even if I wanted to."

"Exactly."

He suddenly stood up, stretching his hand out to me. I took it, then he helped me stand.

"Unlike you, I didn't forget anything." I rolled my eyes at him as he took his guitar. "Come on."

He led me to a secluded part of the beach, where there were more rocks. Which were big. Big but still flat enough to sit on. With his help, we both sat on one of them. He pulled me closer, and I leaned into him.

"Now have you fully forgiven me?"

"Hmmmm..." I pretended to think, even though the answer was pretty clear. "I guess."

"Come on,we both know you have."

"You know me so well."

"And you don't still think everything I do is for our relationship?"