My love...

"And I know you don't remember calling me
But I told you even then, you looked so pretty."

🫧🫧🫧

I slammed my locker shut, making my soon-to-be victim jump. I didn't drink too much yesterday, so I only had a little headache. Fortunately for me. Still hurts though. But that isn't the source of my fury. My sour mood is all because of the fact I only had four hours of sleep. FOUR HOURS OF SLEEP. I felt like the walking dead. And the cherry on top is that the culprit is still as bubbly as ever.

My intrusive thoughts were compelling me to throw her out the window, but I couldn't. Only because I couldn't find enough excuses as to why it wasn't me. Even though it certainly will be. But, mark my words, once I find a way to prove myself innocent -which I certainly am not- I will not hesitate to do it.

She stared at me for a few seconds, face full with worry, two words swirling around in her eyes -I'm screwed.

Heck yeah you are.

"Amy..."

"I feel like a freaking zombie. A zombie that didn't get enough sleep!"

"Zombies don't..." I shot her look. "Yeah, zombie, yeah I understand what you're trying to say!" She rushed out, folding her arms as she laughed nervously.

"Why did you think it was a good idea to go to a party on a school night?! How did you think it was a good idea?! You didn't even tell me!"

"Because...I knew if I told you, you wouldn't come and-"

"You see why I wouldn't come!" I gestured to myself. "I look like a freaking zombie!"

"I kinda have a crush on Leo, ok?" She finally admitted, looking away from me. "We met at the grocery store the day before yesterday, then he invited me to that party. I really wanted to see him again, so I didn't care that it was a school night. I brought you with me because I was nervous."

My eyes softened, the frustration slowly but surely slipping away. "Oh, Nessa, why didn't you tell me since?"

"He probably doesn't like me back."

"Who wouldn't like you? How do you think you got all those other boys wrapped around your finger?"

"He's different."

"Yeah, he definitely is, seeing that you like him, but it doesn't change the fact that there's a huge possibility that he likes you back."

Finally, a small smile pulled on her lips, then a second later it morphed into a huge grin. "You really think so?"

I know so. I saw the way he couldn't stop smiling around her. I saw how bright his eyes shone. Every single time I spotted them, they had silly grins on their faces. If that doesn't scream 'I have a crush on you', I don't know what does.

But before I could say that, her eyes shifted to somewhere behind me, her grin faltering. Confused, I tried to turn around, but she held my arm.

"Don't look behind you." She mouthed.

"What? Why?" I mouthed back. "How do you expect me to not look behind me?" I added extra hand gestures in case she didn't understand.

She only shook her head vehemently, forming an X with her hands. I opened my mouth to speak, but then I felt a presence behind me. I froze. I know that scent. That scent that was too sweet to be true.

Oh no.

"Hey Ness." He greeted.

"Hi..." She waved a little, shooting me a look. "Well, I should be going home now. My mom said I should come back extra early!"