いち | one

This is not recommended for young audiences since it contains mature topics, including violence, strong language on occasion (which may not be appropriate for children), odd comedy (which may not be appropriate for young audiences), and explicit scenes. If you find this disturbing, leave.

Since English is not my native tongue, I apologize if you find any incorrect grammar or spelling. I'm still trying to get better at writing. I'm not a professional writer; it's just something I enjoy doing. Please note that all of this is pure fiction created by the author. Jujust Kaisen is not my work; it is the property of the original author, Gege Akutami.
He's an artist for Japanese manga. My favorite character is Gojo; thus, I wrote this story because I was so moved by Gege's art.

| kizuna | bond

01

Yuri

AS THE SUN DIPPED BELOW THE HORIZON, casting a warm golden glow over the Hiyoku shrine, I found myself standing at the very spot where my childhood was once vibrant and colorful. The soft breeze ruffled my hair, and I traced the intricate patterns on the shrine's walls with my fingers, lost in memories that felt both distant and vivid.

I was still a kid when my world turned upside down. It was that fateful day when I was seven, my innocent eyes watching my mother's retreating figure as she left me and my father behind. She had fallen in love with a commoner, and in doing so, she broke not just my heart, but the harmony of the royal lineage. That was the moment my smile vanished from the world, and I felt an emptiness settling in my heart.

Ever since that day, my father, the revered head of the Hiyoku Clan, tried to fill the void, but even his love and care couldn't mend the wound left by my mother's departure. I yearned for her presence, her warmth, and the way she would smile at me with love in her eyes.

And now as I turned eleven years of age, but the pain still lingered, raw and palpable. I often found myself wandering outside the Hiyoku shrine, drawn to the place where my mother and I would train together. The memories flooded back, happy laughter mixing with the echo of her voice teaching me Jujutsu sorcery.

But now, the shrine felt deserted, and the once vibrant colors seemed to have faded, much like my childhood innocence. The weight of the responsibility that came with being a royal in the Jujutsu Society weighed heavily on my young shoulders, but it was the memories of my mother that haunted me the most.

I sat on the stone steps, my heart heavy, and tears streaming down my cheeks. I tried to ignore the presence of cursed spirits, something that both fascinated and terrified me. My mother, she was the one who had the strength and skill to vanquish them, but I was just a scared child.

Suddenly, a dark shadow loomed, and my heart raced with fear. I knew I had to run, to escape, but my trembling legs refused to move. As the cursed spirit lunged toward me, I closed my eyes, preparing for the worst.

But I wasn't the same little girl anymore.

A surge of emotions and determination coursed through my veins. In that moment, I realized I wasn't the same little girl who used to tremble in fear. No, I had grown stronger, and the pain of my mother's absence had ignited a powerful fire within me.