きゅう | nine

| kizuna | bond

09

Yuri

THE HEAVY RAIN CONTINUED TO POUR DOWN AROUND US, its rhythmic patter creating a soothing melody against the backdrop of the Hiyoku Shrine. Despite the sudden drenching, I found myself laughing uncontrollably, the carefree joy bubbling up from deep within me. Satoru, on the other hand, seemed to have completely lost his cool. He was in a state of hysterical panic, his eyes wide and his movements frantic, as he struggled to carry me on his back through the stream.

I clung to him, my arms wrapped tightly around his neck, as I chuckled at his exaggerated reactions. Each step he took seemed like a precarious dance, a mix of urgency and comedic desperation. The rain-soaked ground beneath us was slippery, and I could feel his unease as he navigated through the water.

"Yuri, this is not how I imagined our grand return," Satoru exclaimed, his voice tinged with a mixture of exasperation and amusement. "I mean, I knew I was destined for some chaos, but this is a bit much."

I couldn't help but burst into another fit of laughter at his words. Despite the situation, his comical distress was contagious, and I found myself caught in an endless loop of giggles. His panic was juxtaposed against my mirth, creating a scene that was both absurd and endearing.

As we stumbled our way back toward the shrine, my laughter gradually subsided, replaced by a sense of contentment. The raindrops continued to fall, creating a shimmering curtain around us. Satoru's strides grew steadier, his initial panic giving way to a determined focus.

Worry creased his brow as he glanced over his shoulder at me. "Yuri, are you okay?"

I nodded, my smile softening as I assured him, "I'm fine, Toru. Really, it's just a little rain."

He seemed unconvinced, his gaze lingering on the wet bandages that adorned my hand. I understood his concern – he was always quick to prioritize my well-being, even in the midst of chaos.

"I should have been more careful," he muttered, his voice laden with guilt. "I didn't think about the bandages getting wet."

"Toru, it's not a big deal," I reassured him. "They're just bandages. Besides, I don't mind the rain."

His worry didn't abate, but he didn't argue further. Instead, he tried to activate his infinity once more, a determined glint in his eyes. I reached out and placed a hand on his arm, stopping him gently.

"It's okay," I said softly. "Don't strain yourself, Toru. I appreciate your concern, but I'll be fine."

He hesitated for a moment before finally relenting, a resigned sigh escaping his lips. "Alright, but I'm still carrying you until we're back inside."

I chuckled at his stubbornness. "You're really persistent, aren't you?"

He grinned, his playful demeanor returning. "Well, it's not every day I get to rescue a damsel in distress, especially one who's already wet."