さんじゅうに | thirty two

| kizuna | bond

32

Yuri

AMIDST THE DARKNESS, only screams echoed through the night. Each cry, each plea for mercy, they were mere background noise to me now. I had become a relentless force of destruction, a harbinger of terror stalking the Zenin clan. Hatred coursed through my veins, drowning any remnants of compassion or humanity within me. Vengeance was all I craved, and I would stop at nothing to quench that thirst.

With every swift strike of my katana, the seasoned sorcerers of the Zenin proved powerless against my wrath. They had no defense, no chance to evade my deadly blade. My eyes, once filled with warmth, now held nothing but icy indifference as I carved my path through their ranks.

Innocence no longer mattered; it was drowned in a sea of bloodlust. I moved from one home to the next, a specter of doom descending upon families who had unknowingly crossed my path. The night was filled with cries of agony, screams of pain, and the grotesque symphony of their suffering. It was a satisfaction that consumed me, a wickedness that knew no bounds.

As I painted the walls of their homes with the crimson reminder of their fate, I embraced the darkness within me. I had become a devil, and Ireveled in the wickedness of it all.

Amidst the chaos and carnage, a moment of clarity pierced through my bloodlust. Two innocent children, mere twins, two girls who were caught in the crossfire of my vendetta.

The sight of them, one trembling and crying, the other determined to shield her sister from the horrors unfolding before them, struck a chord deep within me. My bloodlust, my thirst for vengeance, it all paused in that moment.

I couldn't bring myself to harm these innocent souls...

I continue to examine the children, no doubt these two are also part of the Zenin clan, with their green hairs resembling with the upper people of the Zenin. The other who seems to be older twin sister doing her utmost to protect her sibling, even though fear gripped her as well.

I closed my eyes, a wave of revulsion washing over me. I couldn't harm these innocent children, not under any circumstances. They were a stark reminder of the humanity that still lingered within me, a flicker of my former self that I couldn't entirely extinguish. With a harsh tone, ordered them to leave, to flee this nightmarish scene.

Their frightened expressions were etched into my memory, the terror and confusion they felt.
But they heeded my words and ran off, leaving the darkness behind. As they disappeared into the night, I couldn't help but wonder what kind of world they would grow up in, a world tainted by violence and suffering.

But the damage had already been done. The sins I had committed, the lives I had taken, they weighed on me like a crushing burden. It was a grim reminder that I had crossed a line, and there was no turning back. Yet, determination replaced any remnants of hesitation within me. These parents, these families of the Zenin, they would pay for their sins. I wouldn't spare a single one of them, no matter how much they begged or pleaded. My mission for vengeance had consumed me entirely, and I would see it through to the bitter end.