𝐎𝐍𝐄

"Mom, When will I be able to get a place of my own?" Daila asked her mother who was currently attempting to cook a dinner herself for the first time

"When me and your father feel like it's time, I have already told you to stop asking that." Anne told her daughter sternly.

"But I've been watching videos and everyone is moving out during their adult life and-

"I said no Daila. And I will not hear anymore of this or you will go to the basement. Now get back to your studies." Anne said causing Daila to frown.

The basement was a place that Daila hated.

Whenever she was there she would get spankings, or sometimes her parents would starve her.

Any type of punishment, and they had been doing it since she was ten years old.

She never spoke out about it because they had conditioned her to think that it was normal, that they did it because they loved her.

Anne & Daniel adopted Daila when she was just a young newborn, her mother being a young teenager who knew nothing about being a parent & who had parents who had forced the young mother to give her baby up.

The young white couple jump at the opportunity for them to adopt a baby, Anne was unable to have babies so Daila was like their little blessing.

The couple did not know that she was black though, it was a surprise but it wasn't something that would change how they viewed her.

Daila was a very privileged girl, at least money-wise.

Her mother and father owned a huge tech company, one worth billions of dollars.

So it was safe to say that Daila was raised in luxury, and had never even seen the poorer part of the state of North Carolina.

Actually, she never really left her home.

She was home-schooled, she never went to stores or shopping for clothes because everything was brought to her, she had only stepped out when her family went on vacations or her father brought her to work with him.

And Daila hadn't been complaining about it until her parents allowed her to have social media.

Although she was 19 years old, her parents had her social media very restricted.

But from what she could see, she could tell that her life was nothing like other people who were her age's life.

It caused her to question herself, she began to wonder why she had never really left home.

Was she supposed to live with her parents her entire life?

Why hadn't she'd ventured out before?

Would they even allow her to?

Daila was very book-smart though, she had graduated highschool two years early and had already been working on her degree in psychology.

When she wasn't doing schoolwork she was reading, her parents even built her her own library filled with book that catered to things that she enjoyed to read about.

She loved to read books that were scary, some were romance books but her parents didn't want her to read those as much, there were so many genres for her to choose from.

As Daila walked back to her room she looked down at her bare hands, deciding that she would ask to get her nails done.

She had gotten them done before, but of course, the tech came to her.

This time she wanted to go to the tech, be in the salon.

She wanted the full experience.

"Hi guys! I think I want to take this wig off. I'm not sure yet," Daila said to her live as she sat at her vanity.

user: you just put it onnn, i love the black hair on you
user: you're so pretty
user: what color are you trying next?

One things her parents allowed her to do was post on her social medias.

Since she was a very pretty girl, she got paid to promote beauty products, wigs, etc.

All Daila had to do was teach herself how to do wigs and boom, she was officially an influencer.

For Daila, it wasn't about the money because she had enough of it.

She had been an influencer for years now so all the money she was making was just getting saved up in her own bank account.

"I have this blonde and brown wig that just got sent in, I think i'll put that one on tonight," She told the camera as she picked up the ups box that was sitting on her white fur carpet.

user: that'd be soooo cute
user: she talk like she white, girl you a nigga
user: she doesn't, she just has a more proper way of speaking.
user: at least she don't dress like she white, she bad

"I need to get my nails done for my birthday, so you guys send me some inspiration! I'm not sure what I want yet," Daila said with a pout.

"Okay you guys, I have to go now but I'll be back when install my wig. Goodbye, I love you!" She quickly said before ending her live.

She then went to the contacts app and clicked her fathers name, Daniel, before calling him.

"Yes Dai?" Daniel said, answering on the first ring.

"Dad, can I get my nails done tomorrow?" Daila asked.

"Of course Dai, you know you don't have to ask that. Just tell Yazmine," Daniel said, speaking of Daila personal maid.

Daila didn't really like to tell Yazmine to do things because Yazmine was a bit old and Daila didn't want her working that hard.

"No Dad, like I want to go to the salon. I'm turning 20 tomorrow and I want a new experience. Pleaseeeee" Daila pleaded causing her father to sigh.

"Okay Dai, You can go tomorrow with Yazmine but you have to book the appointment yourself. Just incase the salon is busy and you can't do a walk-in," Daniel explained and Daila nodded, even though he couldn't see her.

Daila was too excited to even listen to what he saying, she was already on her laptop searching up which salon she wanted to go to.