𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

"Hello?" A very confused Daila said, answering the call from the unknown number as she looked online for decent-looking apartments

"Princess? Is this you?" Daniel's voice rang throughout the phone causing the girl's heart to drop.

She hadn't heard her father's voice in almost five months so it was definitely a shocker to be hearing it now.

"D-Dad? Why are you calling me?"

"I just wanted to make sure you were okay, I know you said to just leave you alone but I had to. I want to apologize for everything, I should've been stronger, I should've stopped her but I didn't and I regret it every single day. Are you okay?" He asked causing Daila's eyes to water, she was truly just overwhelmed with emotion, she didn't know how to feel.

"I'm fine Dad. Are you okay?" She questioned, she just had to ask because his tone of voice sounded very...dull, he sounded...sick.

"I...I don't know. I um..I guess I'll fill you in on what's been happening. I divorced your mother, kicked her out of the house and everything. I'm so sorry for not realizing how truly evil and poisonous that woman was. I know that it was so...pathetic of me to just watch her do what she did. I understand that our relationship will never be the same but can we at least talk more? It doesn't have to be much at all, just check ins to make sure that you're still alive. I miss my daughter," Daniel confessed, causing Daila to sigh.

"I want to forgive you Dad...but I can't. You're right, our relationship will never be the first same," She started.

Truth was, she loved her father and she always would, she truly wanted to forgive him but she just...couldn't.

He watched her get hit and starved and he did nothing about it.

"But, we can do check-ins and stuff, and maybe work towards a point of being cordial. But that's it,"

"I don't know Kafeya, I reallyyyy want a nice view. But this is a good second choice," Daila said to Kafeya as they walked around the spacious two-bedroom apartment.

It was more on the luxury side, of course. Kafeya had helped Daila build her credit up with smaller purchases and of course, her car. So she really could pick whatever she wanted because her score was decently high.

"I agree, so this is a maybe?"

"Yeah, a maybe,"

"Ugh, I can't believe you're leaving me! You getting so grown like whatttt," Kafeya frowned causing Daila to giggle.

"We're still going to be best friends, I just won't be in your face all day long anymore," Daila said with a soft smile.

"Awww, we're best friends?"

"Duhhh, you've literally been on this whole roller coaster with me. You opened my eyes Kafeya, and I'll be forever grateful for that, and for you," Daila confessed causing Kafeya's heart to swell, her eyes couldn't help but water.