𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

"Mom, when are you and dad coming back?" Daila asked her mother over the phone

"Next week Daila, I've already told you this" Anne replied, stress evident in her tone.

"Well, I wanted to tell you that I've made a friend. And her birthday is coming up and she wants me to come to her party," Daila said nervously.

"No," Her mother said almost immediately.

"But mom, it's not going be a lot of people and she-

"I said no Daila, and that's final. Now where did you meet this friend?" Anne questioned.

"I met her at the nail salon," Daila mumbled as her eyes began to water.

If you couldn't tell by now, Daila was a little spoiled.

She absolutely hated being told no, but she knew that it was just part of life.

"Alright, Now just know that you won't be going back. I'll text your caregiver to see what has been going on and if it's something I don't like you'll have basement time all week when I get back," Anne said before abruptly ending the call.

Daila sighed before grabbing her ipad, unmuting her call with Kafeya.

"My mom said I can't some Kafeya, I'll still buy you a gift," Daila said with a frown causing Kafeya to scrunch her face up.

"But Daiiiii, you're twenty years old and grown enough to look after yourself. Plus, it's not even a party, I'm just drinking with my friends. Why do you have to ask her for everything?"

"Because she told me I have to, I don't want to get sent to the basement..." Daila said causing Kafeya to furrow her eyebrows.

"What's in the basement Daila?"

"She said that I cannot tell anybody Kafeya," Daila replied.

That definitely threw Kafeya off, she didn't want to pressure Daila but she would definitely question it later.

"Okay...you can't sneak out or something?" Kafeya asked curiously.

"I could, but I don't want to. I really want to go to your party but I don't want to get into trouble," Daila reasoned, not wanting to hurt Kafeya's feelings. She really did want to go but she didn't want to risk being sent to the basement.

"It's fine girl, we can always do something another time," Kafeya replied, even though Daila still felt bad.

"I have to go though, Ezrah's dropping me off to my hair appointment and he gets to acting pissy when I take too long," Kafeya said, speaking of her older brother whom Daila had the chance to gawk over the other day.

"Okay, Bye," She said before ending the call.

Daila sighed to herself, she had to find a way to make it to Kafeya's party.