𝐒𝐈𝐗

"They say drive down some more, but this feels weird," Kafeya said as her and Ezrah drove through to wooded area

"That might be it right there," Ezrah said when they pulled up to a very long driveway that led to a mansion that had a gate surrounding it.

They pulled up to the gate and buzzed in, answering a few questions from security before waiting.

They were expecting to be let in but their eyes widened when they saw the 5"3 girl approaching the car.

"Daila! Oh my gosh, what happened to your face?" Kafeya said as she rolled the window down, noticing the small cut on her face, which was actually a mark from the whip.

"Kafeya...you guys can't be here. I don't want to get in trouble again," Daila told them softly causing Kafeya frown as Ezrah scrunched his face up.

Something about this whole situation didn't sit right with him.

"What do you mean Daila? What happened? Are you okay?"

"I just have basement time, it's okay. I just got my phone back today so I'll text you," Daila explained.

"Daila, what is basement time?"

"Everybody has it Kafeya, how do you not know?" Daila asked, clearly confused.

"No they don't Daila, what is it?"

"It's my punishment, like when I went to your party even though my mom told me not to go? They sent me to the basement when they found out," She explained causing Ezrah to furrow his eyebrows.

"They be hitting you and shit?" He asked, finally breaking his silence, she nodded.

"Who's 'they' Daila?"

"My mom, she has this long whip thing and she just hits me until my Dad stops her. He usually stops her before I get too bad, but this time she wasn't really listening to him. They just hit me, and they don't let me eat for a couple days, but that's it," She continued to explain causing Kafeya's eyes to widen.

She couldn't believe Daila was going through this, and it was even worse that she was brainwashed into thinking it was normal.

"But they do it because they love me, they don't want me to be a bad person so they said that it'll fix me Kafeya. I'm okay," Daila reassured, noticing the worried expression on Kafeya's face.

"That's not normal Daila. Nothing about this is normal, that's abuse Daila,"

"They love me Kafeya, they wouldn't abuse me..." Daila defended, Ezrah just shook her head.

They literally brainwashed this girl, he felt like this was some shit that was only seen in movies.

"But they are Daila. They've been keeping you locked in this house for the longest, you told me yourself! Then they whip you and beat you when you do something wrong? This isn't right Daila, none of it is," Kafeya said, watching the girl's eyes water.

"Are they home right now?" Kafeya asked next, Daila just shook her head no.

"They went on another trip, but they'll be back tomorrow,"

"Okay look, we can go inside and get some of your things and then you can stay with me, as long as you need to," Kafeya explained.

"I can't do that Kafeya...that'll be like me betraying them. They do everything for me, and this is how I repay them? I can't..." Daila said, so many things were going through her mind at the moment, she didn't know what to do.

"Daila, they have been brainwashing you! Open your eyes, I-

"Calm down Ya, you yelling at her and youn' need to be," Ezrah told his sister when he noticed her tone becoming more aggressive.

Kafeya wasn't doing that purposely, she truly just wanted Daila to get out of her situation.

But Ezrah understood why Daila was hesitant, at the end of the day, her parents were really all she ever knew, and they did instill certain things into her.

Kafeya took a deep breath before trying to explain things to Daila correctly once again.

"Dai, what they doing to you is not normal. They made you think that it is by only telling you what they want you to hear, so all that stuff you told me about them not wanting you to move out and stuff? It was because they don't want you to know the truth,"

"They never planned on letting you go, I don't know what they were going to do with you but you were never going to be free Daila," Kafeya explained, Daila just remained quiet.

"Okay, can you help me get my things?"

"How much shit she got?" Ezrah huffed as they all brought another pile of clothes out.

Daila had already gotten all of her necessities and now she was just grabbing things like shoes, clothes, etc. She knew that she couldn't take all of so she just took the things that she liked and packages she hadn't opened yet.

"This is the last bit, I promise," She told him as she placed her last package in the trunk of his Urus truck.

"Don't take yo' computers and shit, they prolly connected to allat'" Ezrah told her and she nodded.

"Thank you, seriously. You didn't have to help me but you did, and I appreciate that," Daila spoke genuinely, looking up into his eyes as she did so.

She had already thanked Kafeya, but it slipped her mind to thank him as well.

"It's nothin'" He replied blankly before walking off to go start the car, causing her to scrunch her face up at his shortness with her.