𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

"Daila, can you drive? I thought I was good but I don't know," Kafeya asked Daila as they stood in Blossom's driveway

Kafeya thought she would be good to drive but when her vision got a little woozy she decided against it.

"Kafeya I don't know how to drive," Daila answered, pulling out her phone so that she could call Ezrah.

It was going on 12am so she hoped that he was still awake.

"Yo?" His deep voice grumbled, sounding as if he were sleep.

"Were you sleep? If so, I can try to call someone else-

"You good, whatchu' need Daila?" He asked causing her stomach to flip, and she wasn't sure why.

Ever since she asked him if he knew her name it seemed like he said it more and more.

"I-Um...Kafeya and I are at Blossom's house and we were going to go home but Kafeya is drunk and I don't know how to drive, C-Can you come get us?" Daila explained causing him to sigh as he stood up from his bed.

"Yeah, I'm finna be on the way. I'a text you when I'm outside," He told her.

"Hi Ezrah," Daila greeted softly when he approached her and a very sleepy Kafeya.

"Wassup, come on Kafeya," Ezrah said, grabbing his sister and walking to the car, Daila following behind them.

"Unt un girl, I'm tryna stretch outtt" Kafeya told Daila who was about to get in the backseat.

Daila nodded and allowed Kafeya to get the back, Daila walked to the front door.

"Don't touch that door," Ezrah told Daila after he closed his sister's door, stopping Daila who was about to get in the front seat.

Ezrah then went and opened the door for her, causing her to smile a bit before getting in the car, thanking him quietly as she did so.

As she waited for him to get in the car she decided to check her email, seeing that she had two businesses trying to work with her, she set a reminder on her phone to email them back in the morning.

She looked up from her phone when she felt the car turn on, she looked over to Ezrah to see him passing his phone to her.

"Play whatever you want, it don't matter," He told her, she nodded before taking the phone.

She didn't know much songs but Kafeya had recently been getting her to listen to a few, so she decided to listen to one of the songs she took a liking to.

Daila went to Kafeya's account on apple music so that she could find her own account, then clicking on her playlist called "Kafeya 'put me on' to these songs!" and adding it to Ezrah's library before hitting shuffle.

Soon 'Coming Down (Original)' by The Weeknd began to play, Daila then sat the phone down in the cup holder.

As Ezrah drove, Daila took it as her time to steal a few glances at him as he sat leaned back in his seat, on hand on the wheel as he looked to the road, his eyes low and slightly tinted pink.

(pick up your phone)
the party's finished and I want you to know-
(I'm all alone)
I'm feeling everything until I got up,

"You hungry?" He asked her, she just nodded.

I always want you when i'm (coming down)

He said nothing else, he just pulled into the Waffle house parking lot, finding a spot and parking the car before shutting it off.

"Kafeya, you coming?" He asked his sister, looking up in the rear view.

"mm..no, bring me something back though, and don't be mean to my friend," Kafeya told him causing him to suck his teeth.

Ezrah got out of the car and walked to Daila's side and opened her door.

"Oh, I-I can just stay in here and-

"Come on Daila," He told her blankly causing her to sigh before unbuckling, grabbing the hand that he held out so that he could help her out of the semi-high truck.

She quickly let his hand go when he closed her door, her heart felt like it was going to beat out of her chest.

"Thank you," She told him when he held the entrance door open for her, allowing her to walk in first.

"Welcome to Waffle House, sit anywhere you like baby," A woman told the pair when they entered.

Daila looked lost so Ezrah grabbed her hand once more before leading her to a booth.

They then sat down across from each other, Daila looking down at the menu to avoid his gaze.

"Um...I'll just get whatever you get, because I'm not sure what I want," She said before looking up to him, he just nodded causing her to frown.

"You're so quiet Ezrah, Why is that?" Daila asked him
curiously.

"Don't be having nothing to say fa' real," He answered.

"Are you this quiet around everyone? Like around your friends?" She continued.

"I ain't got nun'"

"I'll be your friend then, boom" She smiled.

"What makes you think I wanna be friends wit' you?" He asked her, his tone plain causing her to frown.

"Oh..." She mumbled while looking back down to the menu, already regretting saying anything to him to begin with.

She didn't know why she tried, it seemed like every time she spoke to him he just brushed her off, there was no point.

Ezrah looked to the girl to see the smile that was once there, gone and he wasn't sure why he felt the way he did but he felt bad.

"I'a be yo' friend Daila,"

"You don't have to say that just because you feel bad Ezrah, it's okay," She assured

"Nah I'm deadass, we friends ma," He told her causing her to smile a bit.

"Okay, since we're friends and stuff. Can you teach me how to drive?"

 Can you teach me how to drive?"