Prologue

"Appa!" A girl rushes to Jibeom as soon as he opens the front door.

"Hey!" Jibeom hugs his daughter and put her in his arm.

"Areum had been a naughty girl today. She drew on the wall again" Bomin came from the kitchen when he notices Jibeom has returned home. He points out his finger to the wall that Areum drew on. Jibeom sighs. He puts Areum down.

"Areum, Appa had bought you a drawing book. Why are you still drawing on the wall?" Jibeom asks his little princess. He wants to be mad but it won't work. She's still little anyway, she won't hear it.

"I want a bigger paper.." Areum says.

"But the wall is not a paper.." Jibeom says. Areum remains silent when Jibeom says that. She looks at Bomin.

"How about you apologise to Appa? What do you say when you make a mistake?" Bomin asks Areum. Areum looks at Jibeom.

"I'm sorry, Appa.." Areum says. Jibeom smiles. He pats his daughter's head.

"Don't do that again, okay? Promise?" Jibeom says. Areum nods. Bomin smiles.

* * *

"Hyung, I found a dating programme you can join. Maybe you can try it! I looked at the testimonies from people who joined too. Most of them succeeded!" Bomin shows Jibeom an advertisement about a dating programme he found.

"Bomin, can we stop talking about this?" Jibeom says as soon as he closes Areum's bedroom door.

"Hyung, how long you gonna stay like this? How long you'll have to grieve?" Bomin asks.

"I don't know.." Jibeom sighs. He walks down the stairs. Bomin follows him.

"Hyung, get a life. You have to find someone. Areum needs a mother. You need someone to take care of you.." Bomin says.

"You don't wanna take care of Areum anymore?" Jibeom looks at Bomin.

"Hyung, it's not what I meant. I want you to have a normal life.. because I'm not gonna always be here.." Bomin says.

"Areum is just happy living like this.. it's more important.." Jibeom says. He walks to the kitchen and pour him a glass of water. Bomin is still following him.

"Are you happy? To live like this? Do you think Areum is really happy?" Bomin asks. Jibeom looks at him with no response.

"Hyung... I'm going to England.. I got a scholarship to study abroad.." Bomin says. He looks down.

"When are you going?" Jibeom asks.

"Early April.." Bomin says.

"Congratulations. Study hard. Chase your dream" Jibeom says. He smiles while looking at Bomin.

"Hyung, I know you for a long time. I want you to have a wonderful life.. I want Areum to be happy.. I want her to enjoy her life.." Bomin says.

"Don't worry about us. We'll be okay. Just worry about yourself, okay?" Jibeom says. Jibeom pats on Bomin's shoulder then he walks away.

"Do you know that Areum was crying when she returned from nursery today?" Bomin stops Jibeom. Jibeom turns his back, looking at Bomin.

"She said that her friends insulted her for not having a mom. Are you still going to be happy if your daughter got insulted by her friends? About a thing that's not even her fault.. the world is scary nowadays. Now, they insult her. In future?" Bomin says.

"What do you want me to do, Bomin? I can't even forget Joo Ah! Now you want me to find someone else? Do you think it's easy?!" Jibeom raises his voice.

"Cut off your despair, hyung. Stop living in regrets. Find your own happiness. Don't blame yourself over something that isn't your fault! Noona won't be happy to see you to live cowardly like this.." Bomin said. Jibeom remains silent.