SPECIAL CHAPTER #2 : HONG JOOCHAN & JANG AYA

Song suggestion while reading :
"Dear" - Golden Child

-1 year and 8 months later, in the mid November-

Joochan's storytelling
Joochan is reading the letter he got from Republic of Korea Army (ROKA) he just got. It's a call for him to serve his 1 year and 6 months of mandatory service. The official training will be in 2 months, January. He looks at the letter for a few times. He sighs.

RING! RING!

Joochan's phone rings. The call is coming from Aya. Joochan smiles. Aya makes a video call so Joochan picks up the phone.

"Oppa..? What are you doing?" Aya asks from the phone call.

"Oh nothing! I'm just preparing myself to cafe" Joochan says. Aya smiles. Through the phone call, he can hear a sound of crying baby at the back.

"What's wrong?" Joochan asks.

"Minseo has just woke up from sleep but he doesn't want to be soothed by me. Maybe he misses you" Aya says. She points the camera to Minseo.

"Minseo-ya~ Good morning~ why are you wake up crying?" Minseo is slowly becoming calm when he hears Joochan's voice.

"My boy.. Hong Minseo~ hey.. Appa's here" Joochan coos at Minseo who is opening his eyes. Minseo becomes calm. He slowly stops crying.

Hong Minseo is Joochan & Aya's first son. Yes! Everyone thought that Jibeom & Leia or Jaehyun & Hanni will be the first ones to get married but they are all wrong. It was Joochan & Aya! Joochan proposed to Aya 5 months after Serendipity. It was tough at first because Aya's parents were not really sure about their marriage because they were worried. At the same time, Aya was too young that time. Aya was their one and only daughter, one and only child. But Joochan managed to gain Aya's parents' trust, until they allowed them to get married.

Aya had just gave birth to Minseo 3 months ago, by a caesarean section as Aya chose for it. Now, Aya is living with her parents in Gimpo for postpartum care. Just a few kilometres from Joochan but Joochan chose to stay home because it's easier for him to manage his cafe.

After Joochan and Aya got married, they could see that their lives were improving little by little. Aya gave up on her studies after she got married yet she had a chance to open a new business. Therefore, she is now not only a painter but a jeweller too. A freelance jeweller. While Joochan has expanded his empire by opening new branches of his cafe in Suwon and Paju. However, their lives are becoming a lot more happier after the birth of Minseo.

* * *

"When are you going to return home with Minseo? I already miss you both" Joochan says. Aya laughs.

"Maybe next week" Aya says.

"Have you finished your postpartum treatment? Inform me when you wanna get home. I'll fetch you both" Joochan says.

"Yes I have! It's okay, oppa! My daddy said that he would send me and Minseo home later" Aya says.

"Can't wait to see you both!" Joochan says.

* * *

Joochan is just looking out the window. Sometimes he does watch his workers and baristas working. He sighs. How can he tell Aya about his enlistment? How can he bear with it? Joochan knows that it's a mandatory duty he has to serve as a Korean man but why now? When he has just got his business done and when his son is just almost 4 months old? Joochan sighs. He feels doubtful. A few minutes later, Jaehyun comes to the Beanery Cafe as Joochan informed him to.