Part 6, Chapter 16 (Fun With the Family)(Part 1)

In the Kitchen. Dana is there with the other cousins. Amie came in with the cousins.

Amie: Ready Dana?
Dana: As ready as I will ever be.
Amie: And remember. Do not swallow anything whole. Remember the last few times you did that?
Dana: What? I sometimes forget to chew.
Amie: Well. You gotta chew before you swallow. You're not a baby anymore.
Dana: I know. But I'm still young.
Amie: OK. We've got flour, sugar, water, condensed milk and eggs. That's for the batter. And the frosting. Powdered sugar, eggs and milk. Good. Dana: you can supervise the frosting. I will supervise the dough. OK. Who is ready to make Donuts?

They started Making the dough and frosting for the donuts. After a few minutes.

Amie: That's good. Now, we roll out the dough thickly. We want it two centimeters.
Dana: We've done great. The next thing is filling. We have strawberry, blueberry, and banana cream. Strawberry is Amie's favorite.
Amie: It is. OK. That's it. Now we use the donut cutter.

They used it a lot. They made two pans of donuts and a lot of donut balls. They started baking the donuts first. They got the filling out.
Amie: OK. We usually pick two flavors. What flavor do you guys not want?
Everyone: Blueberry.
Amie: Bye bye Blueberry filling. We'll use you next time when we make cupcakes.

Everyone giggled. She put the filling in the fridge. She walked back over.

Amie: OK. We voted out Blueberry. But, they started feeling blue once we voted them out. That was so blue of you.

Everyone giggled. They are telling jokes.

Amie: Knock knock.
Everyone: Who's there?
Amie: Just in.
Everyone: Just in who?
Amie: Just in time. I made it just in time.
Dana: That's old.
Amie: OK. Knock knock.
Everyone: Who's there?
Amie: Thank you.
Everyone: Thank you who?
Amie: You're welcome.
Dana: Amie. You need new jokes.
Amie: I've got good jokes. Those are from the Doodlebops. Here's a real joke. Knock knock.
Everyone: Who's there?
Amie: Moe.
Everyone: Who's Moe?
Amie: Moe is missing. Can you please help me find him?

Everyone laughed.

Amie: Knock knock.
Everyone: Who's there?
Amie: The Doodlebops.
Everyone: The Doodlebops who?
Amie: The Doodlebops are back in. You should be on trend with them.

They all laughed.

Amie: OK. Here's another one. What do you get when you cross a Hyena with a Jaguar?
Fiona: What?
Amie: A Jagen.

Everyobe laughed.

Fiona: Your jokes are hilarious.
Amie: That's the point.

There was a ding.

Amie: That's the Donuts.

They got them out and started filling each one with filling. After they were done. They spread the frosting on the donuts. After they were done, they set them aside and cleaned up everything.

Amie: OK. What kind of Milkshake should we make?
Cousins: Chocolate and banana.
Amia: We were thinking of a mixed berry Milkshake. They are really good. You should try it.
Sarah: OK. Why not?

They made a Milkshake with strawberries, blueberries and raspberries with ice cream, milk and ice cubes. They mixed it up. After a while. They got a big stack of paper cups. Everyone got two donuts and a milkshake. There were some left. Everyone likes the donuts and milkshakes.

Sarah: Wow. These are delicious.
Felix: Can we have more?
Amie: No. Do you want to know what we do with our left over treats, food and drinks?
John: Yeah. Tell us.
Dana: We give them to the poor and homeless.
Amie: Another thing. When we use plastic cups, we wash them out and throw them in the recycling.
Dana: We care about the homeless, the poor, the environment and a few other things.
Amie: It's important to know what is right to do.
Dana: Remember to wash out your cups and recycle them.
Fiona: OK.