Chapter 4

~Wolves~

Once we get to the dam, Mrs. Beaver walks out of the door,

"Home sweet home," Mr. Beaver says.

"You have a nice home." Lucy compliments.

"Is that you Astrea I find out you've snuck out I'll." Mrs. Beaver stops scolding me and looks at the guests. "Oh, I never thought I would see this day." She cheers.

What is she talking about?

"You guys really couldn't have given me a 10-minute warning. Do you see this fur?" Mrs. Beaver rambles on.

"You look fine dear," Mr. Beaver compliments.

"Come inside," Mrs. Beaver motions for us to come in. "You guys must be cold in hungry. Let's have some civilized conversation inside."

***

We come in one by one. Luckily the Beavers had some extra seats so all of us could sit at the table. Edmund decides to sit on the stairs.

Mrs. Beaver serves all of us some fish and sticks and we eat in silence for a while until Peter breaks it.

"Is there seriously nothing we can do about Mr. Tumnus?"

"Well... there's hope." Mrs. Beaver says cheerfully

"Yeah, there's a load full of hope." Mr. Beaver then leans in and whispers. "Aslans on the move."

That name just keeps popping up

"Who's Aslan?" Edmund asks.

I finally get to find out who this man is.

Mr. Beaver laughs at his comment. Mrs. Beaver sees they are serious and lays her hand on Mr. Beaver.

"You don't know do you?" Mr. Beaver asks the siblings.

"We've actually haven't been here long," Peter says.

Mr. Beaver looks at me and then at Peter.

"He's only the king of the whole wood, the true king of Narnia.... and he's waiting for you! All of you." Mr. Beaver explains

"Huh?" Susan says.

"You got to be joking! Look, Aslan's return, Tumnus' arrest.....the secret police! They're all happening because of you!" Mr. Beaver slightly raises his voice.

Why does it sound like he's blaming us?

"Are you blaming us?" Susan asks, making a face.

"No dear, not blaming, thanking," Mrs. Beaver fixes Mr. Beaver's mistake.

"What does Aslan want with us? I mean we're just kids." I ask.

Mrs. Beaver looks at me and then smiles.

"You were always destined for greatness Astrea," she says.

"There's....a prophecy when Adam's flesh and Adam's bone sits in if Cair Pairavel in the throne the evil is over and done." Mr. Beavr speaks.

"That doesn't really rhyme," Susan says.

"You're missing the point," Mr. Beaver says. And I let out a snicker.

"It's long been told that two sons of Adam and three daughters of Eve will appear to defeat the White Witch. And restore peace in Narnia" Mrs. Beaver explains.

"Wow," I say amazed.

I can't defeat the White Witch, she's too scary.

"And you think we're the ones," Peter says shocked.