Chapter 15

~Trumpkin~

Before we left we changed out of our regular world clothes into our old Narnia clothes. I was looking through my chest to see what dress I should wear. Unfortunately, all the ones I was finding were too big. 

"Need help?" a smug voice says.

"I got it Eddie," I say using the nickname he hates.

I hear him groan and walk over to me.

"Why are most of your gowns a little short?" Edmund asks.

"Because when I battle I need a shorter gown aka a warrior's gown. When we have normal evenings I wear the longer ones" I explain. 

"How about that one," Edmund points to a red dress in the chest.

I pull it out and smile.

I went behind one of the curtains and walked out

"How do I look?" I ask.

Edmund looks me up and down slowly and blinks.

"Umm fantastic now let's go," he races off to where the others are.

I roll my eyes at him and a small smirk comes across my face. I quickly grab a sheath and my sword and make my way out.

***

After a little while of walking, we came across a river. I looked in the distance and saw a boat.

"Guys look," I point. Peter looks and we just observe until something happens.

Unfortunately, something happened. These two soldiers were carrying a man and were about to toss him into the river with his hands and feet tied.

To grab their attention Susan shoots an arrow into the side of the row boat.

"Drop him!" she commands.

Not the best choice of words.

The soldiers did exactly that but into the water.

Peter and Edmund raced into the water to get the man. I stayed back with Susan and Lucy, simply because I did not want to get my hair wet.

One of the soldiers grabbed their crossbow and was about to shoot at Peter. Susan shoots another arrow into his chest and that soldier falls over. The other soldier just jumped into the water and swam away.

Peter and Edmund return with the little man they saved. Lucy stoops down and uses her dagger to cut the ropes.

The man takes the cut-off gag out of his mouth and looks up at Susan. I think he is about to thank her, but.

""Drop him"?! That's the best you can come up with?" The man spits.

Susan looks taken aback before she answers. "A simple thank-you would suffice."