Chapter 31

~Nightmares~

After Coriakin sent away the dufflepods he led all of us back into the mansion to explain the evil mist going about.

"Protect us from evil, you mean the mist," Lucy asked the old man.

"I mean what lies behind the mist," Coriakin says and spreads his hand over the floor. A map of the island appears in front of us in great detail.

"That's quite beautiful," Eusatce says which catches everyone by surprise. We all turn and look at him. He glares at all of us and shrugs it off."I mean, for a make-believe map of a make-believe world."

I let out a snicker and go back to looking at the map. Coriakin guides the map to where he wants it to be.

"There is the source of your troubles. Dark island. The place where evil lurks." Coriakin explains.

The map showed an island with a dark shadow over it and a green mist surrounding it.

"It can take any form. It can make your darkest dreams come true. It seeks to corrupt all goodness... to steal the light from this world."

"Woah," I say. "How do we stop it?"

"You must break its spell." Coriakin answers then turns toward Edmund.

"That sword you carry... there are six others."

"Have you seen them?" Edmund asks

 "Yes."

"The six lords, they passed through here?" Caspian infers.

"Indeed." Coriakin nods.

 "Do you know where they were headed?" I ask the old man.

"Where I sent them." He answers

Thanks for being so vague.

" Listen. To break the spell... you must follow the Blue Star... to Ramandu's Island." Coriakin starts to explain and the map shows a blue star along with Ramadu's Island.

"There, the seven swords must be laid at Aslan's table. Only then can their true magical power be released. But beware... you are all about to be tested."

"Tested?" Lusy asks scared.

"Until you lay down the seventh sword, evil has the upper hand. It will do everything... in its power... to tempt you. Be strong. Don't fall to temptation." Corkiakin says.

"To defeat the darkness out there... you must defeat the darkness inside yourself."

***

After the insightful information, we just got. We loaded the boat and headed toward Ranmandu's island.

The waters have been rocky for the past 14 days and we've been sailing through vicious storms.

I try to help the crew every now and then, but Caspian won't allow me. Especially when the sea is really rough.

Right now I am lying on a mini couch-like thing under the deck and I need to got to the captain quarters.

I climb out from under the deck and make my way to the quarters.

The boat is rocking from side to side due to the harsh waves. There;s hard rain pouring down on us and all I hear is the crew yelling orders.

"Hold!"

"Three spokes to starboard."

"Heave!"

I get through them and I hear one of the crew members talking to me.

"Queen Astrea, what are you doing out here? Caspian and or Edmund will have our heads if you're out here."

"Don't worry, I'm not staying out here, I'm just going towards the captain's quarters," I say.

"Do you need any help at all?"

"No, I'm good. Thank you though and keep up the good work," I say walking away and trying not to slip and fall on my but due to the slipperiness.

"Will do Your Majesty."

I finally get to the other side of the boat and enter the captain's quarters soaking wet.

"Astrea!" I hear the panicked voice of my boyfriend yell.

The Secret Warrior (Edmund Pevensie fanfic)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें