Chapter 7

~Apologies~

After all that me and Susan were feeling tired and the sun was starting to set. Capri found us and showed us where our sleeping tents were.

"Thank you, Capri," I say to her.

"Anything for the Queen," she says and bows her head.

"Please just call me Astrea," I say with a smile.

Carpi walks out and I pick out one of the 3 beds.

"Oh I want this one," Lucy points to the bed in the middle and jumps on it.

Me and Susan laugh at Lucy's eagerness.

I pick one of the other beds and ready myself for bed. I lay down on the pillow and dozed off.

***

At some point in the night, I hear lots of shuffling and I ignore it. But then I hear sniffling. I turn in my bed toward where the sniffing is coming from.

The noise is coming outside.

I quickly slip on some shoes and go outside. I turn to my right and see that it's Susan.

"Susan?" I ask.

I guess I startled her because she jumped and quickly wiped her face.

"Are you okay?" I ask concerned for her.

"Yeah, I'm fine." she lies.

I sit down next to her.

"Just because you say you're fine it doesn't mean its true," I say to her.

"I know."

"What are you crying?"

"It's Edmund. I feel like a bad sister sometimes, to him and the others. I worry about them a lot." Susan tells me.

"Well in the few days I've known you, I think you're a great sister. I would be honored to have a sister like you."

"Really?"

"Of course, you care for everyone and use your logic to what makes the most sense," I say to her

"Thank you Astrea," Susan says to me and gives me a hug.

"Anytime," I release the hug.

"Edmund will be fine, the centaurs are probably on their way back with him now."

"You think so," she asks.

"I know so." I smile.

***

In the early morning, the centaurs returned with Edmund and more information about the White Witch.

"Astrea! Susan! Wake up! They're back!" Lucy shouts at us.

I quickly put on some shoes and step outside. I see Edmund and Aslan talking on the hill and it looks like a very serious conversation.

Peter joins us outside the tent and looks at his brother.

Lucy is bouncing up and down and can't keep her excitement inside

"Edmund!" Lucy shouts and starts to walk over.

Peter stops her from running and Edmund looks down at us. Aslan motions Edmund to come to us.

Edmund hangs his head low and walks towards us, avoiding all eye contact. While he's walking near us I notice a scratch on his lip.

Did the White Witch do that?

Alsan comes down shortly after and speaks to us.

"What's done is done. There is no need to bring up the past with Edmund." Alsan says to us then walks away.