Chapter 24

~~

After the battle, Edmund, me, Peter, Susan, Caspian, and Lucy all got horses to get us to the old Telmarine castle. There were thousands of people lined up on the street cheering for us.

The closer we got to the castle the darker it became and that's when the fireworks started going off.

"Come on Ed, if we hurry we can get a good spot to watch them," I urge Edmund to hurry.

"I'm coming Stars,"

We stood on the balcony of a castle and watched as the fireworks went off. They were bursting bright with colors.

Edmund had his arms wrapped around me and as happy as I was my mind was running.

How long is this peace going to last?

"Astrea what's wrong," Edmund asks noticing my shift in mood.

"Nothing, I-"

"Don't shut me out. What's up?"

"Are we umm together?"

"Yes, we're together, it's not like we're apart," Edmund chuckles.

"I mean are we together?" I re-ask the question

Edmund lets go and turns towards me with a smirk.

"I have no idea what you mean?"

"yes, you do you have that look on your face."

"What look?"

I let out a huff and roll my eyes

"Are we dating? Are you my boyfriend?" I finally ask

"Do you want me to be?" He asks.

"Yes," I say quickly.

"Then it's settled, from now on we are a couple."

***

The next day I got changed into a formal red gown and got ready for the massive assembly we were going to have.

After I got ready I quickly made my way to the courtyard where the Pevensie siblings were.

Once I got there Lucy gave me a smile and Edmund gave me a smirk.

I stand between Edmund and Peter.

"You're late he whispers in my ear,"

"Shut up," I whisper back.

"Narnia belongs to the Narnians just as it does toman. Any Telmarnies who want to stay and live in peace are welcome to. And for any of you who wish, Aslan will return you to the home of our forefathers." Caspian starts off the assembly.

  A Telmarine Lord shouts from the crowd," It has been generations since we leftTelmar."

"We are not referring to Telmar. Your ancestors were sea-faring brigands, pirates run aground on an island. There they found a cave, a rare chasm that brought them here from their world, the same world as our kings and queens." Aslan answers looking at me and the Pevensie's.

" It is to that island I can return you. It is a good place for any who wishes to make a new start."

There was a long pause of silence. Then one of Miraz's men, Glozelle, speaks up

" I' ll go. I will accept the offer."

 Prunaprismia Miraz's wife speaks also. "So will we". she says carrying her baby, and another Telmarine Lord follows Glozelle and stands before Aslan. 

"Because you have spoken first, your future in that world will be good," Aslan says. 

Aslan breathes on them, and then the tree behind us starts twisting and forms a round opening.