Chapter 20

~Wait~

(Third Person)

The Pevensies, Caspian, and Astrea left the Telmarine castle with a heavy loss. As night turned into morning the Narnians who survived slowly made their way to the How.

***

Finally getting back to the How, the Narnians who stayed back were eager to see their kings and queens. But they were caught by surprise when a small army that trailed behind the Kings and queens came back.

The small army was being led the Peter, who let pride take over him, Caspian who couldn't stick to the plan, and Astrea who was filled with rage and despair.

The youngest Pevensie, Lucy, rushes out of the How to see her friends and siblings and to make sure that they are in one piece. She had been anxiously waiting for hours, barely getting any sleep.

"What happened?" Lucy asks Peter.

"Ask him." Peter spits at Caspian and walks past his sister.

"Peter!" Susan called him out on his rudeness

"Me? You could have called it off. There was still time." Caspian argues.

"No there wasn't thanks to you. If you'd kept to the plan, those soldiers might be alive right now." Peter turns back around and points at Caspian, deflecting the blame.

"And, if you'd just stayed here like I suggested, they definitely would be!" Caspian argued back feeling his anger grow by the minute.

"You called us, remember?" Peter reminded the Prince

"My first mistake." Caspian shakes his head thinking about his past actions.

"No. Your first mistake was thinking you could lead these people."

"Hey! I am not the one who abandoned Narnia." Caspian yells at Peter

"You invaded Narnia. You have no more right to it than Miraz does! You, him, your father Narnia's better off without the lot of you!" Peter spits.

"That enough!" Astrea shouted "Both of you." She walks over to where both of the boys are.

"Shut up Astrea! This doesn't concern you," Peter says with hostility and walks closer to the girl.

The other boy Pevensie notices his older brother's hostility towards his girl and is about to do something.

"This doesn't concern me." Astrea mocks. "I am in charge of the military, I have the game plan." The girl shouts.

"If everything went to plan we wouldn't be in this predicament. Yes, Caspian should've gone with the plan and stuck with it. But Peter, I told you to call it off, I told to we should have retreated. I know how this goes but you let your pride get in the way."

Peter goes to interrupt the raging girl but he gets cut off.

"Your pride was the downfall of this army. I trusted you, Peter. I TRUSTED YOU!" Astrea yells at her friend as tears fill her eyes.

Peter begins to feel a little guilty and realizes that Astrea has a point. He could've stopped this from happening, but instead of admitting it, he deflected the blame once again.

"Maybe it wasn't me, maybe your plan was faulty."

"I admit there might've been some error in the plan, but even if there was as King you should act in the best interest of your people and not yourself."

Peter listens to the girl.

"Your stupid actions caused death, what if it was Edmund or Susan that died out there? I can't lose this family because of stupid decisions. I lost my last one, and I refuse to lose this one," Astrea yells as more tears fall down her face.