Chapter 22

~Dueling Feelings~

After Caspian told us his idea we started to hatch a plan and a backup plan.

After getting everything thing set up we're ready for phase 1 to be put into action.

For the first part of the plan, I was going to go with Edmund to Miraz to propose the challenge.

Right before we leave Edmund stops and turns to me.

"Astrea can I be honest with you?"

"Yeah sure," I say uncertainly.

"I don't like this plan, why don't I just go by myself for this part and you can stay back,"

"What!"

"I just-" Edmund starts but I cut him off.

"You don't think I can do a simple task?"

"That's not-"

"You think I might be at a loss?"

"Astrea that's not what I meant," Edmund huffs.

"Then what do you mean? You-"

"I can't lose you Astrea." Edmund cuts me off sighing. "If you get hurt-"

"We're only talking to Miraz nothing-"

"I mean after that. What if we have to battle? I don't want you to die without me telling you- Never mind." Edmund cuts himself off and runs his hands through his hair.

"Tell me what Edmund!" I shout at him. "You're not making sense right now."

Edmund struts towards me and grabs my waist with one hand, and my face with the other pulling us close together. He then smashes his lips on mine.

The butterflies I keep having came up again. His lips were as smooth as I can remember. I bring one of my hands and run it through his hair.

We pull apart catching our breaths.

"I don't want to lose you again. I've been wanting to tell you that I like you for a long time. I can't let you go without hearing that." he admits.

"Well, I like you too," I say back.

"Really?"

"If I didn't like I wouldn't have kissed you back," I tease.

Edmund smirks and pecks my lips once more.

"You are unbelievable." He says with a smile.

"And you are insufferable."

***

Me, Edmund, Glenstorm, and a giant whose name is Wimbleweather walk across the battlefield carrying green branches as a sign of peace. Once we get to the other side Glenstorm and Wimbleweather wait outside of the Miraz's tent.

As soon as me and Edmund walk inside I'm met with a smirking Miraz.

I want to punch his face in so bad.

"Why have you come here?" Miraz asks us.

Edmund pulls out the scroll that Peter wrote and starts to read it.

"I, Peter, by the gift of Aslan, by byelection and by conquest, High King of Narnia, Lord of CairParavel, and Emperor of the Lone Islands, in order to prevent the abominable effusion of blood, do hereby challenge the usurper Miraz to single combat upon the field of battle. The fight shall be to the death. The reward shall be total surrender."Edmund rolls up the scroll. and puts it back into his pocket.