Chapter 32

~Eustace the Dragon~

Luckily the sun came up soon and we came upon an island. A few of the crew members along with Me, Edmund, Lucy, Caspian,  Reep, and Eustace went on the long boats to go to shore.

"I doubt the lords stopped here, my liege. There's no sign of anything living." Reep points out while we were rowing on the long boats.

"Well, once we get ashore, take your men and search for food and water. The four of us will look for clues." Caspian commands.

"Hang on, you mean the five of us." Esuatce argues and we all stare at him "Come on, please don't send me back to the rat." 

"I heard that." Reep sighs

"Big ears." Eustace mumbles

"I heard that too."

***

After we go onto the island we all split while Me Caspian, Edmund, and Lucy look for clues about the lost lords.

The island looked dry and uninhabited. There were creaks and cracks where you would walk.

After some walking, I notice I rope tied to a rock hanging down into a crevice.

"Guys, look at that," I point out and start walking towards the rock "Look, we're not the first ones on this island."

"The lords?" Edmund asks.

"Could be." Caspian answers

"What do you think could be down there?" Lucy wonders.

"Let's find out," Edmund smirks.

Me and Caspian hold the rope while Edmund climbs his way down to make sure that it's safe.

"It's good," he tells us from below.

I make my way down and Edmund grabs my hips to place me on the lower ground.

"Thanks," I mutter.

Next, Lucy and Caspian climb down the crevice and we take a look around.

While walking around I notice a pond of water with something inside of it. I try to take a closer look and I almost fall in. Luckily Caspian caught me.

"Don't fall," Caspian teases and I let out a small laugh.

"What's that?" Lucy asks coming over to where we were.

"I don't know," Edmund answers

"Looks like some sort of gold statue." I point out. 

Edmund rips a stick off the wall and puts it in the water to try and grab the gold thing. But a weird thing happened. Once he stuck his stick in the water it began to turn into gold and Emdund let out a shriek.

"Ah!" He says and drops the stick.

I hold back a laugh at Emdund's scream.

"You scream like a little girl," I chuckle and he glares at me.

I turned my attention back towards the stick which was now gold and connected the dots.

"The man. He must have fallen in." I thought out loud.

"Poor man," Lucy says sorrowfully.

"You mean, "poor lord."" Caspian corrects her. "The crest of Lord Restimar," Caspian says pointing to the shield the lord was carrying.

"And his sword." Edmund points.

"We need it," I say.

Edmund uses his sword to grab the old lord's sword.

"Your sword hasn't turned to gold." I point out confused.

"Both the swords are magical," Caspian explains.

Edmund brings the sword over to Caspian so that he can hold it until we get back to the ship.

"I feel bad for the lord. He mustn't have known what hit him." I say.

"Maybe. Or maybe he was onto something." Edmund says crouching down at the pond with something in his eyes I couldn't quite pick out.

"What are you talking about?" I ask him.

He says nothing and picks up a sea shell near my feet. He takes the shell and dips it into the water watching it turn gold.

"What are you staring at?" Lucy asks him.

"Whoever has access to this pool... could be the most powerful person in the world." Edmund turns to me. "I could have enough money to visit you whenever and we could live together peacefully." he then turns toward Lucy "Lucy, we'd be so rich No one could tell us what to do... or who to live with." Edmund finishes with a crazy look in his eye.

"You can't take anything out of Narnia, Edmund," Caspian speaks up.

"Says who?" Edmund challenges

"I do," Caspian says. Edmund stands up and walks towards the Telmarine king.

"I'm not your subject." Edmund raises his voice at Caspian.

"You've been waiting for this, haven't you? To challenge me? You doubt my leadership?" Caspain asks incredulously. 

"You doubt yourself."

"You're a child!"

"And you're a spineless sap!" Edmund spits at Caspian.

"Edmund!" I yell trying to grab his attention. It didn't work.

"I'm tired of playing second fiddle. First, it was Peter and now it's you! You know I'm braver than both of you. Why did you get Peter's sword? I deserve a kingdom of my own. I deserve to rule!" Edmund rages.

"If you think you're so brave, prove it!" Caspian tuants.

Before I knew it Caspian and Emdund pulled out their swords and started dueling one another. Their swords clashed against each other and I've finally had enough.

"Stop it! Both of you!" I shout getting in between them. Their actions immediately stop.

Lucy looks at them in disgust and scoffs.

"Look at yourselves. Can't you see what's happening? This place has tempted you. It's bewitching you." Lucy yells.

"This is exactly what Coriakin was talking about. I'm deeply disappointed in both of you." I say and start walking towards our exit "Let's just get out of here."

****

After we exited the cave we silently made our way back to the boats with the rest of the crew.

"What food did you find?" I ask the men

"It's volcanic, Your Majesty. Not much grows." Gael's father explained.

"Well, at least it is something. and something is always better than nothing,"

"Where's Eustace?" Lucy asks out of the blue.

I can't believe I failed to notice the complaining blonde who was here with us.

"I believe he's out, not helping us load the boats," Reepi answered sarcastically.

"Eustace! Eustace!" Lucy calls out for him.

"Guys, I've got a bad feeling." Lucy turned back to us.

"I can go find him," I offer.

"I'll come with you," Edmund agree

"So will I," Caspian joins in.

***
We left the long boats and called out Eustace's name while walking around.

"Eustace! Eustace!" I called out but was getting no response.

"Look. Treasure," Edmund pointed out.

"Trouble." I corrected.

We both look at each other with a knowing look.

"Eustace," we said in unison.

We went to the Valley of Treasures and began to look for clues to where Eusatce might be.

Unfortunately, we found some.

A shoe

A burnt shoe next to a pile of burnt clothes in Eustace's size

"No!" Edmund shouted looking at the clothes with the burn marks. "Oh, cousin," Edmund says sorrowfully.

"I'm so sorry Ed," I say rubbing his back.

"I'm sorry," Caspian apologizes.

"He was just a boy. I never should have left him. What could have happened to him?" Edmund asks.

"In this place? Anything." Caspian says and looks over to the skeleton. "And he wasn't the first." Capsian walks towards it.

"It's Lord Octesian. We should find his..." Caspian was cut off by Emdund picking up the lord; sword.

."..sword." Caspian finishes.

After grabbing the Lord's sword we made our way back to the boast when we began hearing loud noises.

"What is that?" I ask.

"I don't know. I don't think I want to stay here long enough to find out," Edmund says.

We keep walking and I hear a wound of flapping getting near us

"Edmund! Astrea! Duck!" I hear Caspian yell.

I immediately duck down but Emdund wasn't as lucky. He was snatched by a dragon and was flown away.

"Ed! Edmund!" I yell with my heart pounding in my chest.

Double update :)