Chapter 23

~The Battle~

Miraz's men ride back towards the Telmarine army and a few soldiers rush towards Peter. He turns and kills them. 

Then the Telmarine army raises their weapons and cheer. Soon they start charging toward us. I give the signal to Caspian for him to ride back into the How where the Narnians are waiting inside.

Peter walks back towards me, and he gives me a nod.

"One, two three, four, five six," I start the count

"Seven, eight, nine, Get ready!" He yells at the Narnians behind us.

I look back towards the archers and see that they are in their position.

We got this.

"Ten," I finish as the ground in front of us starts to collapse. A good bit of the Telmarin horses fall into the pit.

"Fire." I hear Susan yell.

A bunch of arrows shot over me and into the Telmarins into the pit and around it.

Just as planned the two underground platforms open with Caspian leading them and circle around the Telmarines.

"FOR NARNIA!" Peter yells and charges into battle

Ed and I horses arrived and I was about to climb on mine.

"Please be safe Stars," Edmund pleads.

"Aren't I always," I smirk.

Edmund rolls his eyes at me and kisses me swiftly. It caught me so off guard that I stumbled a bit.

Ed smirks and hops on his horse and charges into battle.

I quickly hop on mine unsheath my sword and go into the battle.

 I feel the adrenaline rushing through me as the battle continues I ride around slashing the Telmarines left and right. 

I soon hop off the horse and fight on the ground. 

"Come here you," I hear a soldier say.

I dodge his attacks and push my sword against his.

"What's a lady doing out here," the soldier asks teasingly.

I use my front leg to swipe his legs under himself and make him fall.

"Kicking ass, isn't it obvious," I answer the soldier's question. I quickly stab him and move on to the next.

I thought all was well until I saw another wave of Telmarines coming our way.

"Back to the How!" Peter yells and I run to make my way over.

 I sheath my sword and start running. I was moving but not fast enough. 

"Come on," Edmund holds his hand out for me while he is still on the horse.

I grab on and swing myself up to get on the back. I wrap my arms around him to make myself stable.

Edmund's horse gets us close but the boulder that the Telmarines were throwing crushes the entrance to the How.

A few Narnians got trapped underneath

"Oh no," I gasped.

I slid off the horse and started to run towards them.

"Astrea, no," Edmund grabs my arm.

"Someone will get them, but now we all need you here," Edmund says.

I nod and enclose my hand around his.