Chapter 25

~~

(There are lots of time jumps in this chapter and I know the timeline won't completely match up to the books, but for this story just pretend it does :) )

*4 months after the events in Prince Caspian*

"Happy Birthday to you, Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday dear Astrea, Happy birthday to you." my friends sang to me.

"Stars, blow out the candles," Edmund says to me.

I roll my eyes at him and blow out the 16 candles on the cake.

"Woohoo," Lucy shouts.

"Happy sweet 16," Susan says to me.

"We're finally the same age," Edmund jokes.

"Shut up you just turned 16, 4 months ago," I say to him.

"I know," he says with a smirk.

We were currently in a park celebrating my 16th birthday. Peter, Susan, Lucy, Edmund, Elle, and Mary.

Elle was gushing over the fact that me and Edmund were dating. She even made Mary pay her 5 dollars.

I can't believe they betted on me

"I can't believe you're 16," Elle says patting away her fake tears.

"They grow up so fast," Susan says joining in.

"Seriously guys?" I joke.

This would be one of the last times that all of us would be together. Peter and Susan were going to the States, Mary was going to some school in France and school would be starting up again soon.

There was also a possibility that I might not be going with Edmund and Lucy to Cambridge. A few weeks ago I got a letter from The British School of Paris. One of my teachers sent an essay I wrote last semester and submitted it to them. Now they have reached out to me, saying they want me to study writing and language arts there for my last year. I've told Elle and Mary about it and also Susan but other than that no one else knows.

I really want to go. It would be a dream come true but that would mean I would be leaving everyone for about a year.

I'm gonna miss everyone.

I shake away those thoughts but tears swell in my eyes

"Come on birthday girl, don't cry," Peter teases.

I quickly wipe away my tears and go back in the moment.

"You both better write me letters every week or I am flying over there to murder you," I threaten Peter and Susan.

Edmund walks over and wraps his arms around me. He gives me a quick peck on the cheek and everyone 'aws'.

"You two are so cute," Elle says.

I roll my eyes as everyone laughs.

We dug into the small chocolate cake and it looked like everyone enjoyed it.

"Present time," Elle announces.

I push my plate to the side and look at the cards I was given.

"Astrea, I'm so sorry but we have to leave," Mary says and hands me her card. "Don't open it until later, preferably you do it in private." She whispered to me.

"See you soon," Mary gives me a wink and walks out with Elle.

"Do our gift first," Lucy perks up handing me a small bag.

I grab the bag and smile at her.

"It's from me and Susan," she says.

I opened up the bag and inside was a journal.