Chapter 35

~Another Creature~

Another big splash came from the other side of the boat, which made the ship rock a little.

"It's too late. It's too late!" Lord Rhoop yells flinging his arms around.

"It's gone under the boat!" one of the crew members yells.

The creature that went under the boat and popped out from the other side where Gael was, making a huge splash.

"Gael!" Lucy yells and runs to the other side to grab her.

"Edmund," I grab his attention and he turns towards me. "What is this creature?"

Edmund opens his mouth and looks behind me. My question was quickly answered when I saw a large, green, and slimy leviathan with a sharp teen looking down at us.

"A leviathan really? Why couldn't you think of a unicorn or something?" I sass.

The leviathan shrieks and screams.

Then Eustace swooped down and breathed fire in its face making it duck back into the water. Eustace then lets out a mighty roar at his success

Unfortunately, the success was short-lived when the leviathan pooped back up and Eustace had to swoop down again and clawed its face.

"Grab your weapons," I yell over the shrieks and roars coming from the dragon and Leviathan.

As the two creatures were fighting they were knocking out some of the boat's flag poles. One of the poles was about to crash on one of the crew members.

"Watch out!" I yell and push him out of the way.

"Thank you, my queen," he bows.

"Thank me later, just stay alive," I say running back to where I was beforehand.

Everyone was watching Eusatce and the monster fight. Eustace kept clawing at the creature and breathing more and more fire. Then the leviathan flung Eustace away, but he came back with more fierce than before.

The leviathan growled loudly before biting Eustace on the side and taking him underwater.

"Eustace!" I scream and look overboard.

Right after I said that the leviathan came back above the water and threw Eusatce against the rock from earlier which we saved Lord Rhoop from.

ouch.

Eustace looked weak as his body slipped slowly down the rock and then stopped.

The leviathan snarled and growled at Eusatce being in pain. Just when it was about the strike Eustace, Eusatce breathed fire right in its face. The leviathan wiggled around trying to stop the fire. It writhed in pain before sinking underwater.

Eustace did it!

"Euastce you did it," I cheer from the ship.

Then out of nowhere Lord Rhoop starts charging towards the edge of the boat and throws his sword.

"Out, creature!" he yells.

"No! The sword! The sword!" Caspian panics.

The sword lodged itself right in Eustace's shoulder.

"Eustace!" Lucy yells.

Eustace lets out a roar and takes off flying, leaving us here.

"No! Come back!" Lucy yells again.

"We're all doomed! Doomed!" Lord Rhoop exclaims.

I quickly turn around and face the lord.

"YOU IDIOT!" I yelled at him and was about to charge him if Edmund didn't pull me back.