Chapter 30

~I got kidnapped~

Later once me and Lucy got Gael settled I went back out on the deck to watch the sea. It can be calming sometimes.

I went with Caspian and Drinian on the top deck to scope out the island in the distance.

"It looks uninhabited," Drinian points out

"But if the lords followed the mist east, they would have stopped here," Caspian adds.

"Could be a trap." Drinian points out.

"Or it could hold some answers." I retort and give a smile.

Caspian doesn't say anything and scratches his chin.

"Caspian?" Drinian calls to him

"We'll spend the night on shore. Scour the island in the morning." Caspian makes his decision looking at me.

"Aye, your Majesty."

***

Caspian, Drinian, Lucy, Edmund, Reep, and other crew members got on the long boats and headed to the island.

We got a fire and our sleeping arrangements set up

Much to Lucy's dismay, I went to sleep by Edmund.

"Come on Stars, let's get some sleep," Edmund says laying down on one of the makeshift pillows he brought.

I don't pay much attention to him as I am looking up and the stars above us. The sky looks so beautiful.

"Are you gonna count the stars again?" Edmund teases.

I roll my eyes at him and lay down on the pillow beside him. He wraps his arm around my waist to pull me closer.

"Edmund I don't think we'll get any closer than this," I joke.

Edmudn kisses me softly and pulls away.

"I just missed you so much. I can't believe I have you back in my arms," he says but it comes out muffled since he's nuzzling himself in my neck.

"I missed you too Ed,"

We lay in silence and let the sleepiness take over me.

***

"Seems they've brought a pig," I hear an unfamiliar voice say.

"This one, it's female." I hear another voice say,

"So is this one."

"This one reads. Let's take her."

I quickly move my body out of Edmund's arms and get up. 

"Hey," I say grabbing my sword.

"Grab her," I hear a voice command.

Then I get picked up by something I can't see and I keep trying to swing my sword around to see if I can hit the thing carrying me.

We get further and further from our sleeping ground and I keep swinging.

"Can someone please take that sword away," I hear one of the voices say.

Then my sword is knocked out of my hand and I try to yell but something covers my mouth.

***

I was thrown on the ground roughly next to Lucy. I heard the voices from the monster talk.

"There is no escape." one voice says then laughs.

"What are you?" I ask the invisible creatures.

"We are terrifying invisible beasts." a new voice says.

"If you could see us, you would be intimidated." another voice explains.

"You forgot to mention that we are very large." One interjects.

"Well, what do you want?" Lucy asks the creatures

"You," they answer.

"You'll do what we ask." another voice says.

"Or what?" I sass them.

"Or death." the voice answers and I roll my eyes.

"Well, we wouldn't be much use to you dead, would we?," Lucys says and crosses her arms.

"I hadn't thought of that." One creature says.

"No, you hadn't." 

"Fair point."

"All right, then we'll just kill your friends." one laughs.

I suck in a breath and share a look with Lucy.

"What do you want with us?" I ask them.

"You will enter the house... of The Oppressor." 

"What house?" Lucy asks

"This one." as soon as the creature said that these invisible doors opened to show us a large room filled with books and a stand in the middle.

"Upstairs, you'll find The Book of Incantations. Recite the spell that makes the unseen seen." 

"Well put, Chief. Well put." one compliments

I just stared at the door until one of them shoved me forward.