Chapter 28

~I Hate Men~

"The Lone Islands. The port of Narrowhaven." Drinian points to the land in the distance.

"Can I see that," I ask Drinian, motioning to the telescope.

"Of course Your Majesty," he says and hands it to me.

I look through the telescope and scope out the island. 

Isn't the Lone Islands a part of Narnia?

"Caspian?"

"Yes"

"Aren't the lone islands a part of Narnia?"

"Yes? Why?"

I put down the telescope and handed it to Caspian

"It's strange, there's not a Narnian flag in sight," I say.

"Seems suspicious," Caspian says.

"I say we prepare a landing party. Drinian?" Edmund suggests.

"Forgive me, Your Majesty... but the chain of command starts with King Caspian on this ship." Drinian explains.

I see Edmund's face drop a little and he quickly covers it up

"Right," he says lowly.

An awkward silence passes us until Caspian takes Edmund's Idea

"We'll use longboats. Drinian, pick some men and come ashore." Caspian says smiling at Edmund.

"Aye." Drinian nods the goes to toe Minotuar next to us "Tavros. Man the longboats, furl the sail, and prepare to drop anchor."

***

With some of the crew, we split into two longboats.

Me, Edmund, Lucy, Caspian, Eustace, and Reep were in one, Tavros, Drinian, and more crew members in the other.

After some rowing, which luckily I didn't have to do, we made it to shore. Edmunds gets out and ties up the longboats. He gave me his hand so that I could get out of the boat without falling.

"Thanks," I say to him.

"Onward! The thrill of the unknown lies ahead." Reep cheers

"Couldn't this have waited till the morning?" Esuacte complains.

"There is no honor in turning away from adventure, lad."

Once off the boat, I noticed something strange.

Silence.

"Guy's listen," I say and everyone gets quiet. "Where is everybody?" I ask referring to the silence.

Caspian shrugs his shoulder and looks up at the building up ahead.

"Come on, jelly legs," Reep says to Eustace holding out his hand.

"I'm capable of doing it myself. Oof!" Eustace falls to the ground.

I face the opposite direction to keep myself from laughing.

"And you're certain he's related by blood?" Caspian asks Lucy and Edmund. They both just stare blankly at Eustace.

Then out of nowhere, we hear a loud bell and birds flying away from a certain building. I give Caspian a look and he already knows what I'm thinking.

"Reepicheep, stay here with Drinian's men and secure the place. We'll head on. If we don't come back by dawn, send a party." Caspian commands and holds out his crossbow.

"Yes, Your Majesty." 

***

We left the dock and headed through the village. It looks abandoned. Not a soul lived here.

"Where is everyone?" I ask no one in particular.

After some more walking, we get to the building where the bell came from,

"Yeah, looks like nobody is in. Do you think we should head back?" Eustace asks, seeming pretty terrified of this place.