Chapter 8

~ The End of Her~

(Third person pov)

(Third person pov)

Sad things happened that night. Lucy and Susan left Astrea and snook out of the tent in the dead of night. While out they saw Aslan and walked with him.

Aslan had a plan, he knew what he was about to do, but the girls did not.

After some walking, he bid his goodbye to the girls and walked to meet his death.

He knew the girls were still following him as we walked up to the Stone Table.

After teases and taunts, Aslan walked hand in hand with death as the White Witch sacrificed him.

***

Back at Aslan's camp laid Peter and Edmund who were frightened when they saw a Dryad appear before them.

"Fear not my Kings, I come with tidings of grave news."

After hearing the news Edmund races towards Astrea's tent.

He burst through the flaps and looked around for the pretty black-haired girl

Once he spotted her he walked over to her and was about to shake her awake. He stops mid-action and observes her.

She looks quite beautiful he thought to himself. He shakes away the thoughts for this is not the time to be thinking such things

*** 

(First person-)

I was rudely shaken awake by Edmund.

"What Edmund?" I rudely ask.

"Aslan's dead," he says which makes all the drowsiness leave my body quickly.

"What?"

"He died early this morning," he says.

I sit up and grab Edmund into a hug. He freezes for a second then relaxes and rubs my back. We stay like this for a minute before he speaks again.

"Um, Peter needs you at the training grounds, near the round table," Edmund says as he pulls away from our hug. He gets up and walks out of the tent flap.

I stand up straighten out my clothes and put on shoes.

***

"It's true then, he is dead," I say to Peter. He nods in response.

I look at the round tables and see the massive map of where our battle will take place.

"Then you two will have to lead us-" Edmund says and I cut him off.

"What?" I shriek

"There's a whole army out there waiting to follow you guys." Edmund finishes.

"I can't," Peter says.